GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MaPol
Carlotto
Carlotto
MaPol

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 am

Drove 100 kms for fun. Ok, not really. I chose the biker gear shop which is 40 kms away bought boots and a new visor.
Resting now on a gas station and thinking about handbar risers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Why wouldn't you ride 100km for fun? I do, and often as possible!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

Changed engine oil and filter after 5100 mile trip. Not sure if that is GRiSO abuse?

I'm using Red Line 10W60 and it seems to work very well. Nothing on the drain plug magnet.
I didn't open the filter to check, I feel OK about that though. At work I am required to examine all removed filters, so it feels a little different when I don't.

I guess it's good and broken in now.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat May 26, 2018 5:39 am

met two nice people-one on a Stelvio the other on a 1100-on their way from Germany to the TT.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 pm

I went for a slightly damp ride to breakfast this morning alone. I had a friend ask me yesterday to go for an early morning ride, but as it turns out he is a fair weather rider!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Damp ride? The Gods were chucking lightning and bath tubs full of water at me!
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Damp ride? The Gods were chucking lightning and bath tubs full of water at me!

I was disappointed my friend ditched over light drizzle. But I would have scratched a pleasure trip with your conditions!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:54 am

A beautiful morning so I got out for a 130 mile ride to try out the new saddlebags I just got. I got this for a killer price because they came without a key. I found out the only way to get the lockset out was with the key, so I just drilled out the lockset, got an adjustable clevis pin and ground down the sides so it would slide into the rectangle hole in the carrier bracket and put a pin through the clevis. Bam, works great, holds tight, only they aren't locked, but it would take some time for someone to get them off the bike.

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:01 am

Good job.

I am getting tired of the soft (code for sag) HB C-Bow bags I have and am considering getting hard ones.

Odds are I won't find a set for a "killer price" ... unless I steal my brother's. He doesn't like his V7 and it just sits there.  Hmmmmmm.   Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Went for a 155 mile "Italian Bikes" ride yesterday.  My buddy has a Ducati Multistrada and I rode the GRiSO.  He is a very accomplished rider and I followed him/ tried to keep up over Kenosha Pass and on Tarryall Road.  It was the fastest ride I've ever had on Tarryall and highest average speed ride ever on the GRiSO. Interestingly enough, the low fuel light did not come on until 155 miles on the clock.  At slower average speeds, it usually comes on at around 145 miles.  Clearly I need to ride faster to improve my range...

After putting over 1000 miles on the bike, it becomes more and more clear that it is one rough rider over the cattle guards and broken pavement in these parts.  Definitely time to order a Stelvio shock from Hagon.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:43 am

FrontRangeRider wrote:
Went for a 155 mile "Italian Bikes" ride yesterday.  My buddy has a Ducati Multistrada and I rode the GRiSO.  He is a very accomplished rider and I followed him/ tried to keep up over Kenosha Pass and on Tarryall Road.  It was the fastest ride I've ever had on Tarryall and highest average speed ride ever on the GRiSO. Interestingly enough, the low fuel light did not come on until 155 miles on the clock.  At slower average speeds, it usually comes on at around 145 miles.  Clearly I need to ride faster to improve my range...

After putting over 1000 miles on the bike, it becomes more and more clear that it is one rough rider over the cattle guards and broken pavement in these parts.  Definitely time to order a Stelvio shock from Hagon.

Maybe if you just ride faster over those?   Wink  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 am

270k ride, Perth to Mundaring, Mundaring to Bindoon, Bindoon to Toodyay, Toodyay to home.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 am

Longish ride but found my right hand kept going numb. Grip Puppies ordered.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Interestingly enough, the low fuel light did not come on until 155 miles on the clock.  At slower average speeds, it usually comes on at around 145 miles.  Clearly I need to ride faster to improve my range...

Bill[/quote]

I need to try more speed. The fuel light on mine is on at 110 - 120 miles. Filled up yesterday with super 98 at £1.45/ litre.
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Yesterday we took 300km trip.. im surprised in that 1100 GRiSO fuel economy... 5.3l/100km.. 260km and fuel light didnt even show... 850 was 6.9l average.. i could never get that much km with 1200.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 am

Prepped mine for a 2000km 4,5 day trip Razz Well, i cleaned it a little, mounted the extenda fenda and mounted the modified luggage racks and charged the battery.

Just hope i can get a little more fuel milage out of it, looks like i'll be the one needing fuel first hehe Razz

Back to top Go down
MaPol
Carlotto
Carlotto
MaPol

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:31 am

Just a Sunday evening ride around our mountains. Yes, that’ picture is edited, but reality was close to that if not more fantastic. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Updated to the Shoogle free map ...rode it down the coast and back 160 miles of smiles.
Back to top Go down
MaPol
Carlotto
Carlotto
MaPol

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Lovely day for roaming around.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The afternoon found me at my dealership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Picos mountains in Northern Spain last 2 weeks - 1700miles of fantastic roads and a great variety of weather too!

Don’t think about going, just go!

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Hey Kadonnut. Do you have a "Beetle" map on your 850. I used to get those numbers on my old 850 before installing the map. Post installation my numbers dropped to circa 5.1 liters per 100kms.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:30 am

GHTE wrote:
Hey Kadonnut. Do you have a "Beetle" map on your 850. I used to get those numbers on my old 850 before installing the map. Post installation my numbers dropped to circa 5.1 liters per 100kms.

No i think it does not have a map..
i should try to get some cords to connect those bikes to computer....
i have too many vehicles to maintain at the moment.. first things first i need to get oils changed
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:40 am

After finally getting Beetle's new smooth idle map installed I decided to give it a ride this morning. 100 miles of back roads around Savannah GA. I ran at 65-70 mph which is my usual speed with a few occasional run it up to 7,500 rpm in each gear from a stop sign. Pleased to report after the bike is warmed up, sitting at a stop sign it is buttery smooth :-)

I am also happy to see I got 38 mpg where I was getting 33-35 with the power commander and Beetle's original map for my bike and exhaust. And yes, I did remove the PC before loading the smooth idel map.

I haven't done another TB sync but I will do so before my next ride just to see if the mileage improves more.

Thanks Beetle for your work on these maps, it is a great improvement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 am

Is the Smooth Idle map modification a GRiSO only mod or can it be applied to "brothers of GRiSO"
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:37 pm

GRiSO only, Gregg.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next