12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 am

jaycain wrote:
Now enjoying true Midwest US summer weather 28'C Smile

I'm enjoying South East Queensland mid winter temps, around 21*C every day (min around 6*C)
It's never too cold to drink beer here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:32 pm

G'day all
Replaced the rocker cover gaskets today, oil all over me ...
Strange how these gaskets appear to move all over the place and allow leakage ..
Thanks Pete for sending me one's that I am told will fix this ... look like a thin aluminum sandwich ...
Pete, I still owe you for these, I will catch up with you down the track ...
Stay safe all
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Dropped the front forks, flushed the oil and replaced same-went with 400ml. Polished the forks and replaced.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GHTE
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:42 am

Post script. The front forks were superb (for a GRiSO). Being somewhat heavy at 115 kgs I went for 400mls of fork oil rather than the factory recommended 380 mls.
I also backed off the comp ( one turn in) and rebound (one turn in). The ride was much better, I guess the new oils (7.5 weight) viscosity also helped. It also highlighted the rear ends abruptness-next issue to address.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GreggF
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 am

GHTE wrote:
Post script. The front forks were superb (for a GRiSO). Being somewhat heavy at 115 kgs I went for 400mls of fork oil rather than the factory recommended 380 mls.
I also backed off the comp ( one turn in) and rebound (one turn in). The ride was much better, I guess the new oils (7.5 weight) viscosity also helped. It also highlighted the rear ends abruptness-next issue to address.
Good work - young man !

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am

Took the headlight out again, as it has started to rattle again. Plenty of electrical tape later screwed it back in and the plastic tab broke, typical.

Heated up the soldering iron and cut out the remaining bits of the tab. Found a piece of slim steel, bent it to shape, drilled a hole in the end to put the spire nut back into. Then drilled the underside of the healight rim and attached it with two small bolts and captive nuts.

That fixed the bloody thing!!
Back to top Go down
wyno
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 am

Good work Keith.
Back to top Go down
Robinson_Spike
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 am

sidrat wrote:
Took the headlight out again, as it has started to rattle again. Plenty of electrical tape later screwed it back in and the plastic tab broke, typical.

Heated up the soldering iron and cut out the remaining bits of the tab. Found a piece of slim steel, bent it to shape, drilled a hole in the end to put the spire nut back into. Then drilled the underside of the healight rim and attached it with two small bolts and captive nuts.

That fixed the bloody thing!!

At our age the currency of life is time so spend it wisely - you could have bolted on a Koso at £230 and been better off.

Ps I used o rings stretched around the plastic tabs until I fooked it off because of that stupid brass spacer over the screw!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 am

I am going to buy an LED light for it, maybe not the Koso.

The light broke, the evening before an early ride out on Sunday morning!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

sidrat wrote:

Ps I used o rings stretched around the plastic tabs until I fooked it off because of that stupid brass spacer over the screw!

Speaking of o-rings - I use a small one over the screw to keep that spacer from disappearing inconveniently.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Polishing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Yesterday at 2:38 am

Just finished replacing the breather hoses. The right side was a doddle, but the left side, #@%$€¥!!
The inlet on the condenser box is too effing big. Also too short. I may have said the in & out word quite loudly.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Yesterday at 3:51 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Yesterday at 10:35 am

Checked valve clearances 5000 kms post rollerisation,.10 mm intake,.15mm exhaust on the dot! This evening is dedicated to TB balance and TPS reset and my own liquid balance check😜
I have a gut feeling that the already slightly open left side bleed has a tendency to creep slowly out so disturbing the idle balance.

Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   Yesterday at 5:13 pm

And today was good for the TB balancing, which was indeed out, and TPS check, which was OK, no reset needed. We have a rare heat wave going on, temperatures beyond 30 deg centigrade, so I didn't bother donning leathers and go for a test ride. Better wait for normal frosty conditions Laughing
Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: