GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:03 am

jaycain wrote:
Now enjoying true Midwest US summer weather 28'C Smile

I'm enjoying South East Queensland mid winter temps, around 21*C every day (min around 6*C)
It's never too cold to drink beer here.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:32 am

G'day all
Replaced the rocker cover gaskets today, oil all over me ...
Strange how these gaskets appear to move all over the place and allow leakage ..
Thanks Pete for sending me one's that I am told will fix this ... look like a thin aluminum sandwich ...
Pete, I still owe you for these, I will catch up with you down the track ...
Stay safe all
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Dropped the front forks, flushed the oil and replaced same-went with 400ml. Polished the forks and replaced.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Post script. The front forks were superb (for a GRiSO). Being somewhat heavy at 115 kgs I went for 400mls of fork oil rather than the factory recommended 380 mls.
I also backed off the comp ( one turn in) and rebound (one turn in). The ride was much better, I guess the new oils (7.5 weight) viscosity also helped. It also highlighted the rear ends abruptness-next issue to address.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:24 am

GHTE wrote:
Post script. The front forks were superb (for a GRiSO). Being somewhat heavy at 115 kgs I went for 400mls of fork oil rather than the factory recommended 380 mls.
I also backed off the comp ( one turn in) and rebound (one turn in). The ride was much better, I guess the new oils (7.5 weight) viscosity also helped. It also highlighted the rear ends abruptness-next issue to address.
Good work - young man !

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am

Took the headlight out again, as it has started to rattle again. Plenty of electrical tape later screwed it back in and the plastic tab broke, typical.

Heated up the soldering iron and cut out the remaining bits of the tab. Found a piece of slim steel, bent it to shape, drilled a hole in the end to put the spire nut back into. Then drilled the underside of the healight rim and attached it with two small bolts and captive nuts.

That fixed the bloody thing!!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:31 am

Good work Keith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 am

sidrat wrote:
Took the headlight out again, as it has started to rattle again. Plenty of electrical tape later screwed it back in and the plastic tab broke, typical.

Heated up the soldering iron and cut out the remaining bits of the tab. Found a piece of slim steel, bent it to shape, drilled a hole in the end to put the spire nut back into. Then drilled the underside of the healight rim and attached it with two small bolts and captive nuts.

That fixed the bloody thing!!

At our age the currency of life is time so spend it wisely - you could have bolted on a Koso at £230 and been better off.

Ps I used o rings stretched around the plastic tabs until I fooked it off because of that stupid brass spacer over the screw!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 am

I am going to buy an LED light for it, maybe not the Koso.

The light broke, the evening before an early ride out on Sunday morning!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm

sidrat wrote:

Ps I used o rings stretched around the plastic tabs until I fooked it off because of that stupid brass spacer over the screw!

Speaking of o-rings - I use a small one over the screw to keep that spacer from disappearing inconveniently.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:29 am

Polishing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Just finished replacing the breather hoses. The right side was a doddle, but the left side, #@%$€¥!!
The inlet on the condenser box is too effing big. Also too short. I may have said the in & out word quite loudly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:35 am

Checked valve clearances 5000 kms post rollerisation,.10 mm intake,.15mm exhaust on the dot! This evening is dedicated to TB balance and TPS reset and my own liquid balance check😜
I have a gut feeling that the already slightly open left side bleed has a tendency to creep slowly out so disturbing the idle balance.

Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Lemppari

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 am

And today was good for the TB balancing, which was indeed out, and TPS check, which was OK, no reset needed. We have a rare heat wave going on, temperatures beyond 30 deg centigrade, so I didn't bother donning leathers and go for a test ride. Better wait for normal frosty conditions Laughing
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:45 am

Mounting a SW-Motech EVO tankring and EVO daypack on a Moto Guzzi GRiSO 8V 1200.

Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm

why did you locktite the ring? Will be difficult to get the cap of if needed.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Yes I know (but heat always works here).
I simply followed the instructions of SW-Motech:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Always keen to apply heat to the top of the fuel tank... Cool
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am

Well.. my plan was to service orange 1100... have ridden it about 6000km and now 70000km at clock and the spanner came on today... so i had everything for service and found out that either gearbox or rear oil hasnt been changed very often ... engine oil was what its supposed after 10k... so put new filter in and oilplug... atleast tried to put oilplug.. i just wondered why it doesnt bottom while im turning socket with bare fingers... screwes are screwed.. should i say.. and yes i do use momenwrench.. in every bolt.. have heard from some how stupid it is .. well least i have never fucked up any bolts... i think i have quite bad luck with these grisos.. still that 850 is great .. with no surprises... and im waiting for green to come home... what the heck.. ill drop that oilpan and stop whining here.. maybe be back on road soon. .. its way too hot for finns anyway.. +30 every day for aslong as i dont even remember ...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:48 pm

You should be able to get a helicopter in without dropping the sump but doing it on the bench will be easier.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 pm

helicoil, he means - or timesert if money is no problem...
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 pm

well there goes my mental picture of a Bell 47 hovering in and under... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Bloody auto-correct! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Wait...I want to see a helicopter too!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 15 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next