GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Went for a short but chilly ride yesterday while the sun made a brief appearance through the afternoon fog.
Saw a beautiful sunset as the fog thickened close to home. My 'snowflake' appeared (37degF) right about then to confirm what my hands were already telling my. It was cold!
Can't wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Put on the borrowed CARC and set to ride. Will wait until Saturday as today will be 38c and tomorrow circa 44c. Can't wait to see how the Stelvio shock works. Special thanks To Gregg for the shock and to Pete for the loan of the CARC.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Rode to work again - I am loving this!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Today I rode.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Super good news Mark! cheers cheers Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm

beetle wrote:
Today I rode.

cheers

Your 1st ride after recovery ? Congratulations cheers
Thanks again for your help the other day mark , Twas near my wits end , ( it's not a long trip ) Razz
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Stelvio shock in and a ride up Mount Buffalo in 23C was an absolute blast. Bike feels soooo good. The rear end is more upright courtesy of the stiffer spring and slightly longer travel, so when my not insignificant weight is onboard the sag is spot on.
A few bumps into the ride and I knew I was on to the right improvement.
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Great news Glenn and super news Mark !!!!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:09 am

beetle wrote:
Today I rode.

cheers

Wunderbar! Very Happy

Oops, perhaps meraviglioso is more apt.  Wink  

Either way, great news. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 am

January 1 ride. Early rain washed off the salt 45F...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The BMW owner took the picture, hence its prominence!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Yep, saggy tits to the rear if you please.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Look at the screen on that thing. You could have a cup of tea and a cucumber sandwich behind that thing, and not get a hair out of place!

Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:52 pm

guzziownr wrote:
January 1 ride. Early rain washed off the salt 45F...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The BMW owner took the picture, hence its prominence!

Where's the pic taken?

Bill
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm

I went for a cruise up the tablelands found a couple of like minded souls[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Where's the pic taken?
Bill
Hi Bill,
NY Route 218, Storm King State Park just North of West Point Military Academy. Here is another angle:

That is the Hudson River in the background and the tiny group of buildings is the picturesque town of Cold Spring.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Went for a blat on the V11 while the GRiSO is getting oil leaks and a misfire sorted.
A friend bought along his MV Agusta F4.
I thought my bike was uncomfortable! The thing had zero torque compared to mine and then it just keeps screaming like a banshee before it starts moving.
Theyre supposed to have 170hp but it worthless in the real world on the road.
Vtwin torque is so much easier to ride .
Still it was a bargain at $5k with 3000klm on it in perfect condition. Looks nice, but I'd prefer the guzzi or ducati over the mv for the road.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
racepics
Carlotto
Carlotto
racepics

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't feel so bad about my chicken strips now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicavan.com
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:59 am

Got a quick 145 miles in yesterday. 53F when I started, saw 57F and pulled into the driveway at 43F. It's snowing now, 24hrs later.

Still fun. Stopped at the Story Inn near Nashville, IN. It was closed, seasonal hours, but I took a couple pictures. Met the propiator and his dog. Received a beer on the house with a request to return when they are open.

And, this place is supposed to be haunted, you know, ghosts, not just juice hounds looking for a handout.

Cheers! Get it while you can.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 am

I'll say its haunted..... is that a chicken with 4 legs Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 am

guzziownr wrote:
Bill Hagan wrote:

Where's the pic taken?
Bill
Hi Bill,
NY Route 218, Storm King State Park just North of West Point Military Academy. Here is another angle:

That is the Hudson River in the background and the tiny group of buildings is the picturesque town of Cold Spring.

Well, shame on me; should have recognized that.

I taught law at USMA in a previous century. Was OIC of Cadet (bi)cycling team.  My present ... erm ... physique Rolling Eyes ... makes it hard for even me to believe that I pedaled 218 and other grand local roads many times.  218 was often closed, which made it lots safer for us when we rode pedal bikes!

Beautiful country.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 am

bahamazoo wrote:

I'll say its haunted..... is that a chicken with 4 legs Shocked

All Wheel Drive, Pat!
Back to top Go down
MattF
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MattF

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Seeing Tassie's having some great weather I thought I'd get out for a longer ride than normal.  Took off at 7am at a coolish 8 degrees, down to Queenstown for a bit of petrol and then kicked on along the Lyell Hwy.  Too early for the tourists so I pretty much had the road to myself - fantastic bit of road with awesome scenery but a decision has to be made - watch the road or stop and look at the scenery.  Trying to do both doesn't work.
My photos don't do any of it justice. Speaking of photos - I saw my second platypus in the wild since I've been is Tasmania and of course both times didn't have my phone/camera handy.
Quick stop at Derwent Bridge then onto Bothwell. Fuel light on about 10k's out so that worked out well. Up over the Great Lake road and through Longford and onto Deloraine for lunch.
The home stretch through Mole Creek, Moina past Cradle Mountain and then back down the Murchison Hwy to home. Around 600kms all up.
I've never lived anywhere that has roads like these. Generally good surfaces and corners everywhere.
The climb up above Queenstown
View from Lyell Hwy looking towards Frenchmans Cap.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Big day in the saddle Matt. What a lovely part of the world to ride. Well done.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm

On Saturday I decided to go for a ride. Got about 10km from home when exhaust sound increased dramatically. Right header had decided to come loose, and the end popped out of the collector.

Caused some damage to header and collector. A bit of filing fixed it.

Ron suggested I put some stainless spring washers on the header studs. Whilst doing that today, when I loosened the right header, the gasket flopped out. I'm pleased I added the washers.

Oh, and I checked the oil. Still have some! cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 33 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next