GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+82
svru
Ranga
Guzzi Two Shoes
JohnA
racepics
2highlander
Guzzi Cat
stdunkel
Paggers
kiwi dave
tvboy
Omnis
knumbnutz
motor-timothy
Charlie J
vee2win
Richard
bioman
usedtobefast
GuzziSteve
fredfrenzy
Motoguzzimackers
YanksTT
janguzzi
jaycain
GuzziHero
Grisodude
Bulldog9
paulbrice
diedel
ratso88
tocino
MaPol
wardentm
MrBob
nwryder
Kadonnut
Broken Spoke
MrGPz
waterbottle
eeyore
Grisonut
ITSecurity
GreggF
Steak
dennis the menace
cognosticator
GuZeee
sideshowbob
Nobleswood
Diablo Loco
Stubbie
H-E-ROSS
Pisano
FrontRangeRider
Street
nblades
bahamazoo
moby
EricS
MalG
Lemppari
anguscameron1966
GHTE
Converted Duc
relayer
beetle
Kel
MattF
opc
guzziownr
sidrat
BB43215
davem
Bill Hagan
wyno
Papa Lazarou
DeepSpace
Pete Roper
Ian p
Clancy
Oz1200Guzzi
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Never a dull moment Beetle
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 pm

Onya Beetle, someone has to stress-test all the gee-gaws, for the rest of us!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 pm

went for a ride over the mountain....
did I mention I love my bike??
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 am

I do this road almost every weekend. It never gets old. Uvas road between Gilroy and San Jose in California USA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Today I received the last bolts I needed and I actually got the swingarm back in the frame, 4 weeks after deciding to grease the bearings. I've had to replace the fork link, bearing block and 3 bolts due to (you may or may not remember from my previous posts) 2 of the bolts being corroded in solid.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The results from having to cut the bolts.
….and once all the bits were separated I had to drill the head of the allen bolt out of the swingarm.
While the swingarm was out I took the opportunity to clean it up and paint it, there was a bit of corrosion on the under side.
Swing arm back in place.
Back to top Go down
Paggers
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Paggers

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Oh, and then of course there's the replaced reaction arm that was bent cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Good that it's done. Sad that it got to that state and a good lesson for others on the importance of routine maintenance, easpecially as the factory is so lackadaisical in its attitude to prep and assembly, doubly important if you live and ride somewhere where salt is used on the roads in winter!

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 pm

G'day Paggers and all
I too have a 2006 1100 ..
When I 'lubed' the rear I found it all 'dry' but no real damage, a good clean up and much grease and all well
The difference perhaps with mine and Paggers is perhaps as Pete has mentioned - salt
Have a great day all
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:27 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 pm

So too cold to ride, too cold to go out to the shop and do what needs to be done (lube swing arm and shock linkage). So I'm thinking to myself, why are there no grease zerks at these locations? Is it possible to install some? At work, think Boeing/Airbus, zerks are on just about anything that moves. Thee are even little tiny flush fittings that use a needle type adapter to get the grease in.

Am I missing something? Is this an opportunity for a Field Modification? Any thoughts from the collective?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:20 am

ratso88 wrote:
So too cold to ride, too cold to go out to the shop and do what needs to be done (lube swing arm and shock linkage). So I'm thinking to myself, why are there no grease zerks at these locations? Is it possible to install some? At work, think Boeing/Airbus, zerks are on just about anything that moves. Thee are even little tiny flush fittings that use a needle type adapter to get the grease in.

Am I missing something? Is this an opportunity for a Field Modification? Any thoughts from the collective?

Something does need to be done here ! But the way the needle roller bearings are installed makes it hard to drill the dog bone for grease fittings. Maybe start a new thread on this subject ???
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:53 am

Cool change here, so took the opportunity to go for a ride yesterday and did a map logging run. Yes, I'm still trying to finish that job after the injector "upgrade". Broken leg and scruffed up GRiSO had temporarily put a hold on that. Only minor changes required, so it's very close. I would have gone again today if not for the rain. It's a very pleasant 22° here now.

However...something not quite right. There's a niggle. I can't put my finger on it.

I might have to get someone else to ride it. scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:15 am

Stray boogie, Mark?
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:22 am

AAH that's were you're going wrong. Your using you're finger instead of a screwdriver.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Stray boogie, Mark?

No, all my boogers are accounted for.

Razz

Stubbie wrote:
AAH that's were you're going wrong. Your using you're finger instead of a screwdriver.

That explains the burning sensation.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:00 am

Went for a ride down the California coast today (which I am fortunate enough to have a short distance from my home). It was surprisingly warm and sunny for this time of year! Took a pic in Santa Cruz (Seabright Beach), and also got a friend in Marina (near Monterey) with a good camera to take some nice snaps at his house.

Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 am

Trying to fix an oil leak.
Down the left side cylinder there is oil running out around the base gasket and down the crankcase.
Its probably not from the base gasket but from up on the inside towards the middle of the engine and its just running down.
Was thinking maybe the pressure sensor or something around that area.
Anyone had this before?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 am

Your bike stirs the nethers, GuZeee..

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:20 am

knumbnutz, you might want to pop the 'wing' off, and check the hoses on the blow-by collector box. It might be running down the head breather hose.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:29 am

Thanks beetle,
Will do. I spoke with Tom Newell and he suggested that was one of two things he had seen , the other being it leaking through the oil sensor resin.
He was saying something about a rubber perishing on the breather and running down.
Once this is sorted, i think thats almost all issues addressed.

Ive also get to raise the forks up through the clamps but i have and bike on my bench at the moment which is holding things up including replacing the fork internals on my V11 with an Andreani set.

Need this leak sorted as a priority though

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 am

beetle wrote:
Your bike stirs the nethers, GuZeee..

Laughing Excellent, that is the goal Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:58 am

knumbnutz wrote:
Thanks beetle,  
Will do. I spoke with Tom Newell and he suggested that was one of two things he had seen , the other being it leaking through the oil sensor resin.
He was saying something about a rubber perishing on the breather and running down.  
Once this is sorted, i think thats almost all issues addressed.

Ive also get to raise the forks up through the clamps but i have and bike on my bench at the moment which is holding things up including replacing the fork internals on my V11 with an Andreani set.

Need this leak sorted as a priority though

Sent from Topic'it App

With respect I don't think Tom has a lot of experience with bikes produced this century. Having said that it is likely that it could be either the condom on the breather box, one of the hoses to or from it, the oil pressure switch as he also suggested but it can also be a weep from the phase sensor which is also a common leak point.

The chance of it being the cylinder base gasket is very, very low. Of course not impossible but as I say, unlikely.

The first thing would be to remove the tank and 'Wings' so you can have a good squizz at the offending area. The source of the leak should be easily identifiable. If it is the oil pressure switch you need to know if the switch has a coarse or fine thread and what sort of connector it uses on top. If it is an early type switch Guzzi no longer supply them but I can offer an alternative. If the later type I have spares in stock, as I do hoses and condoms for the breather system.

Pete
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:47 am

Hey Pete, Its definitely not the gasket, but it runs down along the gasket.
I dried it the other week, and it didnt come from the timing pickup or phase sensor(same thing?)
I'll take the wing off and check. Problem was the oil and dirt looked like the matt black paint in the bad light of my office where its currently residing.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Kumbuntz: I'm with Pete and Beetle on the source of your problem. The blow by hoses are always suspect and chances are you will find the hose has cracks in it and probably near the bend in the hose where it goes into the blow by box.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am

Cool change hits Beetleland! A lovely 17 degrees Celsius here this morning. This, of course, meant that one immediately skived off work and went for a ride.

Oh noes! Red triangle of death tells me blinky not worky. Fuctifino says I, and keeps riding. Upon return to Chateau La Beet, I sets about fixing blinky. Rear left blinky has corrosion right up 'twixt the 'lectrics. I fix. Alas, in my ham fisted excitement I dropped the globe. Him no worky no more. I spit on all the fucks!

No spare. You will (or not) remember that I have non-standard intention indicators. Now I make war on blinkers! Soon, my fiendish plan will come to fruition as I perform a "fix".

More to come...

...yes, I've been drinking...

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 34 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next