GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Balancing rear alloy wheel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
owowl
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
owowl

Balancing rear alloy wheel Empty
PostSubject: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 pm

I've got a balance stand from my last bike in my garage (cone type) and I'm wondering what I need to do to use it for the rear wheel on my GRiSO. (Specifically it's the Motion Pro Wheel Axis stand.) I've seen a little around the 'net about using an adapter for a BMW bike that allows the cones to engage but I'm not entirely sure. Any advice?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Lacking the stand I took my wheels to the local BMW dealer. Mounted tires and balanced both wheels for $65 including tax. Saved my knuckles and back plus it was done right.

Know that's not the answer you were seeking but sometimes it's good to hit the EZ button.
Back to top Go down
owowl
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
owowl

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:21 pm

I wish I had an easy option but I'm two hours from the nearest dealer that'll charge less than $90 for just the rear tire.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Here's from my search---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I almost bought one of them but I don't do tires, just my own. I have an Italian stand and had a rod for it made for 1/2 thou clearance and is very accurate.
Harbor Freight was supposed to have one, not found lately. Most likely a bimmer dick sued them is my guess.
Back to top Go down
owowl
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
owowl

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am

Does anyone know what the bolt pattern is? I know a machinist with a block of aluminum, a mill, a lathe, and a thirst for beer.

I did some googling around but didn't find much in the way of actual center to center distances of the lug nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 am

Sorry, it was the best I could do.
I used to have CAD drawings of rear hub n studs.
still looking ........................

UPDATE: 4 x 12mm on a PCD of 67.7mm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing rear alloy wheel   Balancing rear alloy wheel Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Balancing rear alloy wheel
Page 1 of 1