GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 am

Having owned and done this on a 2013 Stelvio it made it a lot easier to do the GRiSO.

Both side exhaust were tight while the intake were spot on.  Not leaving well enough alone I adjusted all intake and exhaust to the specified .004 IN and .006 Exhaust.

Took her for a 20 mile shakedown ride and all seems on go for next weeks rally in Boone NC

Being cautious I checked both sides 3 times just to make sure
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 11:39 am

Jerry, sometime this fall or winter maybe I can bribe you to give me a lesson? I've got 9400 miles and it runs and idles very smooth. I had them checked before I moved from Houston 16 months ago at 7400 miles and was told they were OK (MPH Cycles).
Good travels to Boone.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2018 4:58 pm

JohnA wrote:
Jerry, sometime this fall or winter maybe I can bribe you to give me a lesson? I've got 9400 miles and it runs and idles very smooth. I had them checked before I moved from Houston 16 months ago at 7400 miles and was told they were OK (MPH Cycles).
Good travels to Boone.

Just give me a shout, I will help with the TB sync, reset TPS , valve adjust. Most any maintenance you need help with, just let me know.

It doesn't have to wait until fall unless you just want to.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Jerry,
Many thanks. I hope to be riding more than I have been to where maybe I need to do all of that sooner than late this year. Last time I synched anything were my carbs was on my 1978 Honda 750 in 1978......so I don't have the comfort level I used to 40 years ago. Hope to get on one of you RTE's one of these days soon too. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue May 08, 2018 1:14 pm

JohnA wrote:
Jerry,
Many thanks. I hope to be riding more than I have been to where maybe I need to do all of that sooner than late this year. Last time I synched anything were my carbs was on my 1978 Honda 750 in 1978......so I don't have the comfort level I used to 40 years ago. Hope to get on one of you RTE's one of these days soon too. Thanks again.

Any time you want to sync the carbs let me know, come over to my place and it won't take long.

This weekend I will be gone but after that no plans until July
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO   First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

First Valve Adjust on the GRiSO
Page 1 of 1