GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bar End Mirror

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Bar End Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Bar End Mirror   Bar End Mirror Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 1:40 pm

I got a wild hair and put on some bar end mirrors.  I knew the holes in the handlebar were threaded so I dediced to bore them out to fit the rubber plug on the mirror.

Worked great, I used a 45/64th S&D drill bit and only took a minute to do each side.

I know I can't go back to stock but I can buy some bar ends should I want to go back to that. I think the red trim on them sets off the guzzi tank decal, but what do I know LOL I am color blind

I got them off Amazon for $19.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

Bar End Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar End Mirror   Bar End Mirror Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 2:11 pm

I tried bar ends but found they gave a too buzzy feel so I removed them. In saying that I did consider adding some ballast in the handlebars to try and remove some of the vibes. Unfortunately I decided to do it tomorrow, and eh I just have not got around to it yet. Yours do look mighty fine though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Bar End Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar End Mirror   Bar End Mirror Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey Jerry, why not just screw the mirrors onto the inserts? They screw out, BTW. I have a couple or three sets that I've retapped to suit the various mirrors I choose on any particular day.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Bar End Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar End Mirror   Bar End Mirror Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm

I thought about retapping the hole in the insert to fit the bolt in the mirror end but decided the easiest and quickest way was to bore out the bar. I had the drill bit for the bore but not for the drill and tap setup.I work for an industrial supply house and if they had a tap I would have done that but didn't want to have to buy one. Yes, I am cheap.....uh frugal LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Sponsored content

Bar End Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar End Mirror   Bar End Mirror Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bar End Mirror
Page 1 of 1