GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wheel spoke torque settings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

Wheel spoke torque settings Empty
PostSubject: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 am

OK, so Ive never checked the spoke tightness on the rims. Embarassed
There are torque spoke wrench sets available on Web sites (4ft/Ib - 5.42N/m) or just the plain standard wrench.
Cannot seem to find any definite torque settings for the GRiSO rims, anybody have any clues?
Or do I just use the tune by ear method and hope that Im not tone deaf!
The tyre pressures drop around 6psi front and 4psi rear over a stationary period of 6 weeks, which Im guessing is to be expected.
With just normal top ups for general riding.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
KillerX
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
KillerX

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 am

I would think that the wheel being true would be more important than a torque setting.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 am

Torque is approximately OK when the sound is the same as from the spokes next to the right and left. A friend of mine did it this way on his T3 when returning from a 3000 km tour with 4 spokes broken.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

Guzzitech forum and here have a few threads that allude to spoke torques eg There is one Alpina trained service technician here in SoCal. Piaggio does not offer a service interval, as they only recommend wheel replacement should yours become damaged or otherwise. Spoke torque is 4~7 NM, 7 being max.

Somewhere here (I can't find but will post if I do)it is a thread where someone took a load of spokes off & re-'o-ringed them etc ....just need to dig deep to find
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 am

There's a thread on fixing spokes here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which also points to this pdf [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:13 pm

[quote="paulbrice"]There's a thread on fixing spokes here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the info guys, will go with the "Ta-Ting" sound method for starters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel spoke torque settings   Wheel spoke torque settings Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wheel spoke torque settings
Page 1 of 1