GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Next issue...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Three hours into my trip to Italy, my GRiSO developed an oil-leak on the left side.There is a drop of oil hanging from the clamp that holds the header against the cylinder, which leaks down on the header running below. There is also oil between the cooling ribs of the cylinder.
Its not a massive leak, but its definitely there.
Any suggestions where this leak could originate from? Its seems to be leaking from either where the headers mate with the cylinder if that is at all possible, or some higher point obscured by the fairing. I’ve cleaned it, will see if its back at my next stop.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Phase sensor. Very unlikely to be from the exhaust port per-se. Pics please.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Isn't there a grub-screwed oil gallery there?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Could be but it’s unlikely to suddenly spring a leak. Stranger things have happened though.

Email me some pics.

motomoda.roper ‘at’ gmail. etc

Or text.

+61 417 462 440
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Is it overfilled? oil in the airbox? leaking out of the overflow holder in the headstock?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 am

Noticed it had oil on the right cylinder side as well, same spot. Unfortunately I cleaned it all before making a pic.
Good news is after 3 more hours of riding, there is no further evidence of oil in the places I cleaned, nor any on the header pipes. Only thing I now notice has some oil is the rubber o-rings from the valve cover bolts which ‘sweat’ a little. So hopefully that was it. Very odd though. I’ll be sure to post if the oil returns
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:59 am

That is almost identical to my recent problem, all due to the service guys overfilling the oil.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:23 am

Hmm they had overfilled my oil as well after the roller conversion. I already took out 350ml to make it so that it was at the full mark, but that was weeks ago. Perhaps I should have taken out more
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:31 am

Yes you should. Half way between the marks on the stick is as high as you ever want it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next issue...   Next issue... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Next issue...
Page 1 of 1