GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

See Naples and die

Go down 
+9
Oz1200Guzzi
Street
DeepSpace
wyno
sidrat
2highlander
davem
GHTE
motor-timothy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

See Naples and die - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:52 am

This is shaping up to be an epic journey. Good for many hours of entertainment in the local bar, with pictures!

Sounds fun, wishing I was there!
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

Its difficult to post pictures as I have very poor internet here. Managed to upload 2 images but it took like 30 minutes!

Been riding all over the Cévennes National Park today to visit a cave, I have to say these mountain paths are a real event especially since I live in a country without hills let alone mountains, so lack experience with them. The roads here are riddled with hairpins, they do not announce them with a sign, the road on most places is about 1.25x the width of a car, and there are many spots with holes, gravel and fallen rocks. I ran into one section of the road of about 500 meters that they were ‘renovating’ which meant it was covered by 10cm of gravel, real fun when going down a steep slope!

Bonjour de Cévennes!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 pm

motor-timothy wrote:
Its difficult to post pictures as I have very poor internet here. Managed to upload 2 images but it took like 30 minutes!

Been riding all over the Cévennes National Park today to visit a cave, I have to say these mountain paths are a real event especially since I live in a country without hills let alone mountains, so lack experience with them. The roads here are riddled with hairpins, they do not announce them with a sign, the road on most places is about 1.25x the width of a car, and there are many spots with holes, gravel and fallen rocks.

When my father who lives in the flatlands of Canada first came to visit me in Santa Cruz, he was appalled by the twisty roads through the forested mountains - "How do you drive these damn roads - you can't see around the corners!"

barry
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Silly old man, that's what we live for!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
stdunkel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
stdunkel

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Epic adventure! I'm jealous. Very glad to hear there were no disasters - only learning.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Cheers,
Stefan
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:18 am

Back home Crying or Very sad

So everything mostly went well. I arrived at our paleolithic site in France in good order. Spend 3 weeks there excavating which was a very different experience than Mediterranean archaeology.

I left for home last weekend, the plan was to ride to Étretat in Normandy to stay there for 2 days while enjoying the beach. Unfortunately it was the black saterday weekend, so all hotels and campsites there were completely full or super expensive. There was also a cellular network disruption so I couldn’t search for other campsites in the region. It was 38 degrees and I was completely cooked. Rode as close to the beach as I could, ran up the beach in my gear, stripped to my underwear and dived into the water.

Afterwards had a nice meal, and at 22:00 I continued riding in the hope of finding something to sleep. At 2am I camped next to an autogrill/fuel station alongside the highway. Oh well.

All in all nothing majorly bad happened. Almost hit a crossing hare in France, thats pretty much it.
The GRiSO held up fine, though the clutch cyclic rattle in neutral has become much louder than before my journey, its a pretty loud rattle now that reduces in volume if I press the clutch lever a second time for some reason.... Also, while under load around 3000-3500rpm there is a fairly loud rattle coming from somewhere, which goes away when the RPM rises above 3500 or I’m no longer accelerating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:27 am

Cracked or loose exhaust bracket maybe?
Check your pretzel.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:47 am

Nah I checked all the obvious places. Maybe its the topbox vibrating, though while riding it seems to come from the front top of the engine. Are there any obvious reasons why the engine itself could rattle only at a certain RPM while under load? Or is it pretty much guaranteed to be something outside of the engine vibrating?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Oops, sorry.  Did I misread the thread title?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:27 am

I didn't know her name was Naples.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: See Naples and die   See Naples and die - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

See Naples and die
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: