GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Not yet bought - looking for advice

Go down 
+10
kiwi dave
paulbrice
Converted Duc
avgpetro
davem
sidrat
Nobleswood
Pete Roper
beetle
Dave R
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Yup - that's the idea. I may go crazy & have it match the red paintwork !!!!
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Dave R wrote:
Thanks for that
Pete.  I'm thinking of taking a run down to Twiggers in Loughborough & ask him to have a look over it - it's been off the road for a couple of months & was last serviced last year at 7000 miles, it's now at 10000 so I guess it's ready for a service.  The selling dealer is changing the oil & filter for me.

Being new to bikes with so many electronics, I'm guessing that it'll suffer from battery drain.  I have an old Optimate (about 16 years old !!!), so I'm guessing it's about time for a new one.  What are other people using on theirs ?

Nothing wrong with a old Optimate assuming it isn't faulty. Mine is at least 10 years old and does the job just fine.
Don't assume it was serviced correctly, often dealers just change the oil and stamp the book to get a sale. It,s new to you so get it checked out, Twiggers are the right people for that.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Twiggers is the place to go :-)
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Bike arrived this morning - delivery was included in the price, which was a bonus as I wasn't able to get up to Doncaster till next week.   Apparently, someone else had been to look at it last week, kept saying he was going to put a deposit down, but never got round to it - till the day after I paid for it - he's proper pissed off.

Sad as I was seeing my old bike go (I'd put five years into bobbing it into something unique), having this one sat on my drive convinced me I'd done the right thing.  Condition is fantastic - not mint, but not far off.  The bullet LED's are gorgeous, as is the Moto Strada leather seat.  Came with the receipts for the first four services - last one was April last year, 3000 miles ago.  The first owner did about 9500 miles in 2 1/2 years - the second owner kept it for seven months (September thu April), then got rid.  Not his kind of bike I guess.  Had a good look round it, read the manual, took the seat off, reset the key code ( it came with two keys, one never been used)

Went out for a few miles this afternoon - completely different feel to my Suzuki V-twin.  More shaky on tick-over & at low speed, but once it get's wound up, it's a different story.  The first five minutes of "have I dropped a clanger" rapidly turned into "shit - this is GOOD !!!"  Dropped into three of my biking mates who (after their initial shock at me selling my bobber) were overawed by the GRiSO.  None of them had heard of the GRiSO, & all of them got why I'd gone for it.  I'm popping down to Twiggers on Monday so he can have a look round it & advise if I need anything doing before the (limited) warranty runs out.

Just need to fit the Optimate connector to the battery & hope the weather holds out till Sunday when I have a whole day free.  Sidrat - you free this Sunday for a meet-up anytime ?   If the black version is called a Black Devil, do I have the Red Devil ?
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 am

Not a red devil yours is a Rosso Tropheo

The Black Devil was named after the 1930/40s Guzzi champion rider Omobono Tenni (it was his nickname)

The matt green SE with the brown seat is called the Tenni named after the same bloke.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:24 pm

Dave R wrote:
 Sidrat - you free this Sunday for a meet-up anytime ?   If the black version is called a Black Devil, do I have the Red Devil ?

Dave, at the chance to ride the GRiSO, i have made the time free, will drop you a PM :-)
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:57 am

Ekimyrf wrote:
Not a red devil yours is a Rosso Tropheo

The Black Devil was named after the 1930/40s Guzzi champion rider Omobono Tenni (it was his nickname)

The matt green SE with the brown seat is called the Tenni named after the same bloke.

Rosso Tropheo - cool !!!  I'm learning so much - please excuse my obvious ignorance !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not yet bought - looking for advice   Not yet bought - looking for advice - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Not yet bought - looking for advice
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3