GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mounted new tires today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Mounted new tires today Empty
PostSubject: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:53 am

Actually got the Front on Monday and the rear on this morning. I have to take the muffler off and in doing so I noticed how loose the exhaust was. After mounting the tire I checked the mounting studs at the engine and they were pretty loose so I tightened them to spec which I read as 25nm. Bike only has 13k miles on it.

I mounted Pirelli Angel ST again, I got a little over 4,600 miles out of the first set, but that included a track day that ate up who knows how much meat off the tires, as it was balling up on the tires after each session on the track.

I hope to get 6k out of these with no track days scheduled. At $217 delivered, they are a great tire.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:00 am

I have the Angels on my Norge and they are excellent. I may put them on GRiSO next.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:46 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
I have the Angels on my Norge and they are excellent. I may put them on GRiSO next.

Do you have the Angel ST or the GT. I used the GT on my Concours 14 but it was close to 700 pounds. The ST are less expensive :-)
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:56 pm

I have the GT, but maybe I’ll try the ST on GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:43 am

I was wondering the difference besides price and I found this review: and the GT's are $100 more for the set

While the tread pattern looks similar to the Angel ST it has been designed to the channels flow from the centre to the outer edge of the tyre, designed to move water away faster. The profile has also been changed so it's now wider, with a 14% larger footprint when upright than on the Angel ST. Pirelli also claim the new profile allows the Angel GT to offer 5% more lean angle do to the profile of the tyre not dropping off a cliff on the edges.

The tyre's carcas is also stiffer which allows the rubber compounds on the edges to be softer. The front tyre is all one compound while the rear is two. The central compound is 70% silica; a harder rubber for higher mileage while the shoulders are 100% silica for better grip, especially in the wet.

Pirelli claim the Angel GT offers 30% more mileage than the Angel ST. Based on some sums on the back of a beermat and depending on your riding, you're looking at anything between 5,000 and 8,000 miles.

Essentially it's an Angel ST with better wear and wet weather characteristics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tires today   Mounted new tires today Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mounted new tires today
Page 1 of 1