GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

newish owner fresh to the ghetto

Go down 
+6
wardentm
davem
Street
Papa Lazarou
beetle
waterbottle
10 posters
AuthorMessage

newish owner fresh to the ghetto Empty
PostSubject: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:56 am

Have been looking at the wealth of advice and information. Great resource and will be checking in.
I have just bought a 07 1100 in black with apx 10k on it. Standard apart from termi can. Having rode for about 400 miles and decided its a keeper. Took it over to BDS performances who after a good hour on the dyno remapped it to suit.
It now makes a healthy 84 at the wheel and very usful snatch free even in 4th down to tickover rpm. Found a pair of 1200 bars, clubman round mirrors, biltwell black renigade grips, strada narrower bar end weights. Good to go.
Found headlight fastening tab to be broken so resorted to a heath robinson fix by zip tie loops holding it in via back of shell !!
Next is getting suspension set up to suit.
Thanks Peter
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Welcome Pete, post a pic of your bike, and one of your Headlight bucket repair. It seems a few people have trouble with the lugs breaking.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Welcome!

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:11 pm

beetle wrote:
Welcome!

ghetto

what he said
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Peter!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 am

Welcome to the forum. BSD are the go to people for custom mapping and if they got 80+bhp at the rear wheel that is excellent.
Before you chuck money at the suspension the best thing I did for the handling was to fit the rear shock from the Stelvio model. Look out for a used one on ebay it fits easily and makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:23 am

G'day Peter
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Please enjoy your G11, great bikes .... mine now has some 67k and still going like a train ..
Get round to greasing your swing arm and shock assemblies, the factory decided they did not require it, get onto it sooner rather than later and you may save your bearings this way, just do a search on this site for step by step directions.
Stay safe and well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanks - thinking need to try and get best of suspension fitted before upgrading so might look out for a local shop who offers this service. I am in the Nottingham/Leicestershire area of England.
BSD were rearly nice people and would reccomend them.
Will post a question on tech forum re bolt sizes for brakes in a bit.
Have tried to post pics of bars and headlight fix. Basically small zip tie inside of light bezel at bottom where fixing screw goes through. Make a loop. Then dremmel two holes at back of headlight housing at back a little off centre and big enough to pass a longer zip tie through. Passlonger zt through one hole from outside then through small loop. then back through second hole. Refix headlight but as pushing bottom in start to tighten zt from back. If need to access bulb snip big tie and replace it when refitting. I will be adding a rubber pad at back so does not crack bowl with pressure.
Thanks again Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 am

Welcome aboard, just did my headligt repair over the weekend too!
Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 am

Did exactly the same to my headlight two years ago, lasted till the Classic TT last year where a stone cracked the glass, my GRiSO now wears a 750 Breva headlight that cost me about a third of the cost of a new GRiSO one
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 am

Sunbeam wrote:
Thanks - thinking need to try and get best of suspension fitted before upgrading so might look out for a local shop who offers this service. I am in the Nottingham/Leicestershire area of England.

Thanks again Peter

I live in the Grantham area with a 1100 GRiSO.  PM me if you want to meet up for some advice etc.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Love the 1100, great torque and a lot of character.
Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 am

Many thanks for the warm wecome. Also good to know fellow 1100 owner close to me.
So far loving the bike. Takes me back to my le mans mk1 but with a riding position that does not hurt so much.
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Pete - I new here as well. Where about in Leicester are you - I'm just off junction 25 on the Nottingham / Derby border

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Wymeswold and for out international audience yes that is a place (villiage) and no the cheese does not come from there.
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:29 pm

Just past Rempstone - not too far. We'll have to try & meet up sometime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newish owner fresh to the ghetto   newish owner fresh to the ghetto Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

newish owner fresh to the ghetto
Page 1 of 1