GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Thanks for the welcome Steak.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

Thanks for the welcome Steak. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 6:05 am

I'm a newby to GRiSO ownership, and it 'cost' me one of my Tonti's to get a bike from the 21st century, but I'm pretty happy with this addition to the fleet. After 2 weeks of ownership, and 1100kms, I quickly concluded the 1200SE Tenni is 'a very nice thing indeed'!!! Getting to know the GRiSO has been a very pleasurable experience, and I anticipate plenty more of the same. And its interesting just how much of a magnet the GRiSO is, for both riders and non-riders alike.

As an engineer, and someone who does all his own tuning and mechanical work (3 Guzzi's at present), I'm interested to delve deeper, and try to remove that slight hunting at 3500rpm. So as I wander around the Ghetto, its really impressive to see the information and collective wisdom that is freely shared around. Nice to be here. Spozzy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 7:10 am

Greetings.
Welcome.
What do you think about how smooth that motor is compared to an older Guzzi??
I was shocked myself. I thought that is was not possible to get such smoothness from that beast.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 am

Good to see you've found us here in the ghetto Spozzy. There is a large GRiSO contingent there in your native Australia, so you are definitely among like minds.

Welcome!

SD

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Wed May 28, 2014 2:07 am

Welcome spozzy
Three Guzzi's please see a thread why a Guzzi you must have a story.

DungeonMaster
What do you think about how smooth that motor is compared to an older Guzzi??
I was shocked myself. I thought that is was not possible to get such smoothness from that beast.

Yep thought that myself after riding my 1996 Cal.

harry
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Wed May 28, 2014 8:53 pm

I am quite amazed and I am very pleased with it.
It is sooooo easy to rev up.
Oh Crap!! Redline again?!

DM
Back to top Go down
spozzy
Carlotto
Carlotto
spozzy

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 4:44 am

DungeonMaster
Compared to the older Guzzi's, the GRiSO is a turbine when it comes to smoothness. However the older machines have a real 'heartbeat'.
Neither is better, they are just different. And both are very enjoyable.

Redline is fair way off with that beautiful spread of torque. I'll need to explore the machine a little more.

Spozzy
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1Thu May 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I think the smoothness does seem to "reduce" the "character" but not enough to sterilize it
(like the 1999 Laverda. That bike was Too Sterile).
The GRiSO still feels like a Guzzi.
It succeeds at the "one Foot in the future and one Foot in the past" ethic That Laverda professed in 2000 but Laverda failed at it.

DM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the welcome Steak.   Thanks for the welcome Steak. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the welcome Steak.
Page 1 of 1