12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Service Warning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyde73
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Service Warning   Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Big thanks to the Ghetto for all of the information on how to change out your rear suspension. Over the weekend I jacked the bike up, propped up the air box to access the top of the rear suspension, and swapped out the stock for an Ohlins. When I got everything back together and turned the ignition over, I got the red warning light on the dash and a “SERVICE” notice. I’m thinking I must have moved and/or pinched something while putting everything back together. I stripped it down again and all connections seem to be in order. This is a new to me bike, 2014 with 3,500 miles on it. So it shouldn’t be in need of a service. When I go into the dash Menu and go to Diagnosis, it asks for a code. Is there a generic one to enter that will either reset the warning or tell me what the issue is? Past bikes have had a flashing code that you can check with the manual, but I’m not sure how the Guzzi system works.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

The service code is at the top of the Ghetto page 12425. See what error codes are up there for both ECU and dashboard. Try and clear them, if they don’t clear tell us what they are and we can tell you what you’ve done. My guess is you tugged and disconnected either the speedo sensor connection or the rear brake light connection while faffing about with the shock. Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Pete,

I’m great at tugging on things. So, the ECU code that showsn an X is 16. Everything else is in order in both ECU and Dashboard. So what did I F up?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Air temperature sensor, on the top right of the airbox. Check it isn’t unplugged and then trace the wiring.
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Thank You.
Back to top Go down

Service Warning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: