GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Savagery...

Go down 
+2
beetle
WCB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 am

I took my wife's GRiSO SE to work today as she's bringing my Stelvio up to the dealer to have some knobbies put on for a 500+ mile dirt ride this weekend. I hadn't ridden the GRiSO for any real distance in a year, so was looking forward to it.

Holy crap. The new map is completely nuts. It's very hard to believe that it's basically the same motor in there as the Stelvio. It just could not feel more different. I had forgotten the effortless handling and the complete ease of speed of that bike. I kept looking to go up another gear but was in sixth, doing 90mph constantly. Evoking much laughter from my helmet. Completely effortless. Even on little secondaries, I found myself going 20 mph faster than normal.

What magnificent beasts these things are. Dangerous to the license, but magnificent.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 4:59 am

Is that with the latest map I sent out?

Would she like to try the "you'll cry out for your mother!" map?

Twisted Evil 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 am

Actually not the most recent map. I haven't had time to load that one in it. Perhaps tonight when I get home. I can't imagine the bike being any better than it is currently, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Honestly, it's one of best fueled bikes I've ever ridden.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 am

I think the iteration you're running is fairly 'Old Hat' Doug/Jacqui. There has been a fair bit of further development since then.

I haven't had the opportunity to load up the last dBk+Catcon maps as the only test vehicle I've had is mine and it is running the same Mistral as Mark's bike and I simply haven't had the time. In my experience though even if his developments have hiccups, (See my comments on detonation in another thread.) the overall trend is one of continuing improvement, generally in leaps and bounds!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 am

Doug, the last couple of maps have been aimed at a more even fuel delivery across the rev range. The end result is better power delivery.

The new map you have has had good response on bikes with catcon/dBkiller. I wouldn't use on an exahaust without.

The very latest map was built on the Mistral, but will work on a db killer/catcon exhaust. NorthBayGriso and joeconejo rather liked it. Steak has been quiet.

I'll send it to you anyhoo.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 7:37 am

Awesome. Jacquie's bike has the Mistral with db killer in it.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 10:18 am

Hey folks. I swapped my bikes this weekend, the Eldorado is now at my Bear Mt. house and I am commuting on the GRiSO.

I got the latest map from Mark but I have not put it in yet. My bike is stock except for a BMC air filter.

Will my stock exhaust make any difference one way or another. The map I have is great but is over a month old so certainly outmoded by the standards of this forum!

DW in NYC
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 10:51 am

beetle wrote:
Doug, the last couple of maps have been aimed at a more even fuel delivery across the rev range. The end result is better power delivery.

The new map you have has had good response on bikes with catcon/dBkiller. I wouldn't use on an exahaust without.

The very latest map was built on the Mistral, but will work on a db killer/catcon exhaust. NorthBayGriso and joeconejo rather liked it. Steak has been quiet.

I'll send it to you anyhoo.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out on the bike yet to test out the Griso24S-FU2-78AF.2014.05.21.bin map, hopefully today. Had some visitors in town over the Holiday weekend, so no opportunity to ride. I'm going to call Greg F today also and see if he'd like to push it into the GRiSO Pinko...

Feedback to follow.

SD

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am

Steve, if Mark hasn't sent it already I'll flip you the Mistral specific map as Pinko is essentially identical to my bike and this map is very, very good.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Pete, he's got it, don't you worry 'bout that. Very Happy

David, try the 78AF map. If you want I can also send you the Mistral map (which is now called the HF-8506 BTW). It'll work on a stock setup.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Tue May 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Man, I think I need to do a map too.

"effortless" - "evoking much laughter".
Yeah.

DM
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1Wed May 28, 2014 7:02 am

beetle wrote:
Pete, he's got it, don't you worry 'bout that. Very Happy

David, try the 78AF map. If you want I can also send you the Mistral map (which is now called the HF-8506 BTW). It'll work on a stock setup.

I have the 78AF so I will give that a spin.

Thanks, DW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savagery... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savagery...   Savagery... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Savagery...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: