GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Metzler Roadtec 01

Go down 
+13
NewApriliaGuy
motor-timothy
voulga77
JohnA
Bulldog9
mark111
anguscameron1966
Pisano
kiwi dave
LBC Tenni
agriff
Brent S
sidrat
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:58 am

Put a pair on and ridden 350 miles today at a brisk pace. Stablity, feel and grip, deeply impressed, they make the Pirelli Angels seem a whole generation older
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Interesting. I was considering the Angel GTs as my first replacement tyres for my GRiSO, based mainly on positive reviews. That said, the Angels have been around for some years now. Tyre tech moves fairly quickly. Perhaps the newer stuff is a tad better?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Brent the only question mark is longevity, but wont know that for a few thousand miles.

I love the Pirelli's but they are not as good
Back to top Go down
agriff
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
agriff

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:24 pm

I was thinking about putting a pair of Roadtec 01's on my GRiSO. Metzeler recommend the HWM (Heavy Weight Motorcycle) for the rear on a GRiSO.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 I would of thought it was unnecessary unless riding 2 up or luggage carried a lot, I will occasionally do a camping trip but don't plan on carrying a pillion. What did you go with?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:48 pm

I have just been out and looked and cannot find HWM anywhere on the tyre
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Glad to hear Metzeler has a good tire now. I found the stock Metzelers to be surprisingly bad in every category.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:27 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
I found the stock Metzelers to be surprisingly bad in every category.

I agree, and I would not look at fitting Metzelers for this reason.  It's a financial disaster to fit the wrong tyres.  I'm sticking to my Michelin PR4 GTs.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:47 pm

I thought the same the same thing, we to my tyre guy and he was out of stock with Pirelli so had a choice of the Michelin PR4's or Metzeler's. I have had two bad experiences with Michelin (on one occasion their senior tester turned, up rode my bike and immediatly refunded me for the tyres and bought me a pair of Pirelli's as compensation!)

Anyway i too suffered with the original Metzelers but i can honestly say the new ones are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm

I actually like the OEM z8 metzler. Jeez Louise am I the only one?

Got me out off a tight spot going in too hot . I put all my faith in them and leaned it in more.

no drama in in the rain ( I do tone it down though when its wet)

Having said that they are squaring in the back after 10000km of none superslab riding.

Maybe i just dont ask too much from them.

What improvements do you see over Oem?
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 pm

On second set of Metzler Roadtec01's … outstanding tyre … have the Heavy duty on rear it's what Metzler recommend for the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 am

Always had great experience with the Z8 Roadtec's and got good mileage from them.
Have had MP4's which are great tyres and now have Roadtec O1's and these are a terrific tyre and after 3500 km are wearing well, including a track day. They were excellent for a road tyre on a fat arse road bike.
Happy to recommend them.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 pm

I need new tires on the Norge and GRiSO, am considering these, but also Dunlop Road Smart III....

The Set of Metzler M3's I had fitted on my NS run this summer are almost gone (3k miles) They were very nice, and to be honest not too much of an improvement on the stock Angel ST's (with 7K miles) a testament to the Angels IMO. Metzlers are good tires...... Glad they are making an ST tire.

One of my all time favorite tires were the Road Smarts on my C-10 Concours. I really like the Angels and am interested in the Metzler, but leaning towards the Road Smart III's. Not a Michelin cult fan....... I had a set of Pilot Road 2's on my FJR, were very strange......
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:12 am

Bulldog

I have been running Angles or Diablo's on the GRiSO for the last 4 years (2 rears and 1 front per year on average) they are great tyres, until i tried the new Metzlers, i cannot vouch for how long they will last, until they wear out, but i can say for me they are better than the Pirelli's, give em a go
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Bit of thread-mining here. Any further updates from those who have the Roadtec01s fitted?

I've got around 7,500kms on my original Z8 Interacts, and they are wearing OK albeit with some feathering on the rear. However, with the tyres now in their 5th year of life, I get a bit nervous about the rubber getting a bit tired. May be time for a change.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I've been running O1's for around 5000 km's and have found them terrific, good grip, stable and excellent in the limited wet riding i have done..
I use the factory recommended GRiSO tyre pressures which work well in all conditions.
I have used a couple sets of Michelin PR4's which were a terrific tyre and the O1's are at least as good and may even be better but that is only a seat of the pants comparison (Note: my butt doesn't have any sort of scientific certification to confirm the accuracy of my claims).
They also seem to be wearing well on our shitty road surfaces and in what have been extremely hot conditions.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:13 am

Just about to replace rear, this will be me going into third set of Roadtec01. Never missed a beat wet or dry, averaging 7000 miles per rear tyre.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:17 am

Brent S wrote:
Bit of thread-mining here. Any further updates from those who have the Roadtec01s fitted?

I've got around 7,500kms on my original Z8 Interacts, and they are wearing OK albeit with some feathering on the rear. However, with the tyres now in their 5th year of life, I get a bit nervous about the rubber getting a bit tired. May be time for a change.

The Roadtec01s are great tyres, you wont be disspointed
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 am

Brent,
I went with Pirelli Angel GT which are great. I changed mine at 4 years and 9,000 miles. They had plenty of tread left but they seemed very “hard” and the front tire seemed to have uneven wear. It was an incredible difference to get some new rubber on there so I’d highly recommend it for safety sake and I’m sure what the other guys recommend are winners.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am

Thanks for all the feedback gents. I might just take the plunge and put a new set on, most likely the Roadtec01s. I do so few kms per year, there’s really no excuse for me not to have a fresh set of hoops on the old girl. If I recall correctly, the Metzeler comes in a “HWV” (heavy weight vehicle) designation for the rear tyre which I would assume is appropriate for the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi Brent HWV on the rear standard on the front, see page 208 of selection chart
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

Bulldog9 wrote:
I need new tires on the Norge and GRiSO, am considering these, but also Dunlop Road Smart III....

The Set of Metzler M3's I had fitted on my NS run this summer are almost gone (3k miles) They were very nice, and to be honest not too much of an improvement on the stock Angel ST's (with 7K miles) a testament to the Angels IMO. Metzlers are good tires...... Glad they are making an ST tire.

One of my all time favorite tires were the Road Smarts on my C-10 Concours. I really like the Angels and am interested in the Metzler, but leaning towards the Road Smart III's. Not a Michelin cult fan....... I had a set of Pilot Road 2's on my FJR, were very strange......

Ι use RoadSmarts III on my Breva.
Very happy with them. Good price too.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm going for the Metzler Roadtec 01's myself this spring. Heard so many good things about them. From the praise they get I'm sure the bike will ride itself after I install a pair of those tires. And they also look pretty good (not so relevant, but still, its there).
I suppose the best alternative to them if you want 'the best' would be Michelin's new Road 5 tires, which are getting good reviews as well. And according to a surely completely objective promotional 'test' video made by *drumroll* Michelin itself, the Road 5's outperform the Roadtec's in wet conditions by a sliver. So take that with a grain of salt. They are also more expensive so..
Back to top Go down
NewApriliaGuy
Carlotto
Carlotto
NewApriliaGuy

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:36 am

Anyone have experience with the RoadTec 01s vs. the Angel GTs?

I swore by the Angel GTs on my Aprilia, and have been comparitively unimpressed with the PR3s on the GRiSO I bought a few months ago.

Summers tend to be on the dry side where I live and I don't ride during the wetter ski season (Nov-Apr). That said, if the RoadTec 01s have dry performance similar to that of the Angel GT, I'd be willing to give them a go this spring.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:22 am

NewApriliaGuy wrote:
Anyone have experience with the RoadTec 01s vs. the Angel GTs?

I swore by the Angel GTs on my Aprilia, and have been comparitively unimpressed with the PR3s on the GRiSO I bought a few months ago.

Summers tend to be on the dry side where I live and I don't ride during the wetter ski season (Nov-Apr).  That said, if the RoadTec 01s have dry performance similar to that of the Angel GT, I'd be willing to give them a go this spring.

I am a Pirelli fan and have run Angels and Diablo's only on the GRiSO, none in stock at short notice so the Roadtec's were put one, they are in a different league to the Pirelli's they are superb
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:26 am

Planning on a long trip with the GRiSO through Labrador and Newfoundland, mostly asphalt some 600kms odd gravel. Any recommendation for tires I was thinking some 90/10 road/gravel type?
Yes I know I will carry extra fuel.
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metzler Roadtec 01 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metzler Roadtec 01   Metzler Roadtec 01 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Metzler Roadtec 01
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: