GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Just got back from the Fringe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Just got back from the Fringe Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah, I got a little lost on my way home. Rolling Eyes

Ended up riding a lot of nice bike roads though. Thumbs Up

Jenolan Caves Rd
Bells Line of Road
Putty Rd
Thunderbolts Way
Waterfall Way
Gwydir Hwy
Bruxner Hwy
Kyogle Rd
Numinbah Rd
Nerang Murwillumbah Rd
The Lions Road
Oxley Hwy

Amazingly on every one of the roads I was on my own.
No one in front, no one behind.
Every single one!

The Ranga ran great the whole way and we got to know each other a whole lot better.
And she seemed to be a magnet for old guys with a Guzzi past to come over and chat.

Was a great trip.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Good news Craig. Makes the trip more worthwhile when there's more smiles per mile
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Jenolan Caves Rd - Duckmaloi Rd

How many dead Wombats on this road?

I counted 10 Wombats and only 8 Roos, yesterday
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Earlier this year between Mingoola and Tenterfield, approximately 60 carcasses in 60 km. Mostly roos, few wombats, foxes, hares/rabbits (they all look the same after going under a truck). Crows and eagles having a field day.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm

If you wanna see dead wombats, the Kings Highway is the road. I counted 23 dead wombats between Bungendore and Braidwood. Three times as many Roos.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Gotta love dead meat.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:34 pm

I was in Mt Gambier a while back, at a restaurant, the waitress asked for my order.
I said "the road kill" please, she said OK and moved on.
The engineer I was eating with, didn't understand what was going on.

Roo was on the menu Smile

Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Broken Hill to Wilcannia was a slaughterhouse of mixed meats.

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Thankfully, the only a live animal encounters were a roo standing beside the road near Oberon, a couple of rabbits that crossed my path on Thunderbolts, a cow I had to move off on of the single lane bridges on The Lions Road and a magpie that got me on the head 3 times going through a town after Natural Bridge. I could see the little bastard in my left mirror flapping like crazy, with devil eyes, aiming to get me again as I wound up the throttle.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:36 pm

There are some great roads in Aussie, I don't know if I could relax that much without worrying about the numbers of large animals on the roads.
The first 20 kays of the Jenolan is great, apart from the 80 K posted speed signs
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Kidman Highway. The dead are measured in Roos-per-square-metre. Then there's the Wedgetail Eagles feasting on said plethora of roo meat. Those fuckers take a looooong time to get airborne.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:53 pm

And are scarily large close up...
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Oh, I forgot about the raptor!
One of some larger species (not wedgie) sprang from a bush to the left of me at the Port end of the Oxley.
Thankfully it’s reflexes were quicker than mine...
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:20 am

I didn't think Ford had released the raptor yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 am

I managed to to get from Canberra to Nerang by only having to go 110km on the New England Hwy (Uralla to Armidale & Glen Innes to Tenterfield) and 20km on the Pacific Hwy (Bellingen turn off to Coffs Harbour). Not a bad effort I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Fringe   Just got back from the Fringe Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just got back from the Fringe
Page 1 of 1