GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I've been Beetled!

Go down 
+4
Oz1200Guzzi
Richard
beetle
Guzzi Two Shoes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:55 pm

After many months of faffing, prevaricating and general laziness, I finally upload a Beetle map for my 1100 with Termi pipe.
As I've mentioned before, I'm happy wielding spanners but software downloading and general IT stuff gives me goosebumps. I took a handful of brave pills, and after following Beetles excellent tutorial, I downloaded the map! TB's were balanced and TPS reset first as per instructions.
It was a piece of cake as we say in Blighty, and I don't know why I pissed around so long putting it off.
It's difficult to describe the difference the map makes, it's a subtle but definite improvement. The low speed snatchiness is completely gone, and the engine feels smoother and seems to accelerate with less vibration, and seems to pull a bit harder at higher revs.
So thank you Beetle, from a very happy customer. I shall raise a beer or two in your honour this evening! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 pm

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:05 am

Congrats !!!

I wonder is the beetle map for GRiSO 1100 is compatible with the gas available in Europe as there might be a difference between Oz and Europe ?

This to say that I'am also interested with this map Smile
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:11 am

Richard, do it, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:37 am

Certainly I will do that.

I am asking this beacause I am anxious to load somthing wrong into the motorbike Wink
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 am

Richard_HdS wrote:
Certainly I will do that.

I am asking this beacause I am anxious to load somthing wrong into the motorbike Wink

The bike was/is running fine on UK fuel, I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between here and Oz in fuel. I put regular unleaded (sans plomb) into my bike.
The map is reversible, you can go back to the original if your bike doesn't like Beetles, but I'm 100% sure you wont want to!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 am

Thanks for the info Wink

I'll certainly go for this map. Need to purchase the cables etc.

May be beetle will give is view as well !
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 am

Hi ,
I recently got the beetle map for my 2005 breva 1100.
not loaded it yet as I need to remove the fuel compensator 1st
cant wait tp try it.
Like you GTS I aint great with PCs but my son is on hand to help out.
I am running an aftermarket exhaust with baffle.
runs fairly well but lost a lot of mpg with the fuel compensator.
hoping the map takes the bike to the next level
craig
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Craig, if you call the next level, a bike that runs as it should, but never has from the factory, then yes.

There are no extra ponies hidden in the new map, just the best torque for all RPMs at all throttle positions, for most altitudes (I suspect some of the approaches the Mt Everest would throw some challenges), and most fuels, worldwide.

Beetle's maps simply make the bike run, like it should, but never has from the factory. All of the add-ons, do-dads, and Kool-aids do not come close, most are a kludge anyway and simply fool your (poorly mapped) ECU into a state that is neither desirable or really good for your smile.

I have been a test mule for the 2V 1200 Sport, and I think after 4+ years, we are there, finally (but then again, maybe we could scrounge up something else).

This is not about HP/CV, but about efficient running giving good flat torque across the rev range - always. I talk shit, often, but not about this!
Back to top Go down
melonman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
melonman

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 am

Oz
You have just described word for word what i crave.
HP is vanity
Torque is sanity
In my humble opinion
I look forward to reporting back
Craig
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:45 am

Richard_HdS wrote:
Congrats !!!

I wonder is the beetle map for GRiSO 1100 is compatible with the gas available in Europe as there might be a difference between Oz and Europe ?

This to say that I'am also interested with this map Smile

I shouldn't worry about fuel compatibility the only regions that could be affected are Brazil and Japan. I know this from Triumph triple tuning, they were the only two countries Triumph supplied different maps for.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:23 am

No need for me to pile on, but that won't stop me.   jocolor

Rode GRiSO on a 1500-mile r/t to Kentucky on another "mutton run" two weeks ago.  [Yes, fear not, I'll post pix as soon as I cull my bazillion to a more manageable thousand or so. Wink ]

I was struck throughout that joyous journey by how well the GRiSO performed.  

Not a single "pop."  More importantly, given my tendency to outride my common sense, was the smooth, linear roll-down of rpm when I panicked and stupidly "chopped" the throttle when over my head (and speed) in some interesting curves.  

As with a helo's cyclic, the overly sensitive on-off workings of the factory map can easily lead to a seriously destabilized machine and dismounts!  Shocked  Sad  

With Mark's map, I just rode on ... albeit a bit chastened. Rolling Eyes  

And, when riding more soberly (which I occasionally do), the ability to control the throttle makes me feel as if I actually know what I am doing.  cheers  

Best ... and thanks, Mark,

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Nice one Bill!
Back to top Go down
BradleyM
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BradleyM

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Beetle map updated   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Friday morning in Brisbane and my day off. Very overcast and 22 degrees. I loaded the updated Beetle map for my 1200 GRiSO (with Zard). The process went perfectly and the result is very very good. Even with the previous Beetle map it was so much better than stock you wonder what the factory was thinking. The update feels even better. Idle, low speed and on off throttle.

Over run sounds fantastic. Not that I'm juvenile and really concerned with just the sound. Well it does send a tingle down your spine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I've been Beetled! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been Beetled!   I've been Beetled! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I've been Beetled!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: