GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Black Betty - bodily fluid change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Black Betty - bodily fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Black Betty - bodily fluid change   Black Betty - bodily fluid change Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Next month Black Betty will be 11! Purchased in November 2007, built in April same year.

Starting (or continuing) the 120,000 km service. I replaced the alternator belt in August. Have just drained the oil from her innards and will treat her to a new filter and some of Mr Penrite's best. Plugs and air filter will be next. I have a cross-threaded inner plug (R/H side) that I intend to get a time-sert in, but might wait until uni exams are done before the top end strip down.

11 years and 120,000 km later - couldn't be more happy with her - and going much better that from new (Beetle-mapped + a few gee-gaws). Hope she doesn't get jealous if I get a V85!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty - bodily fluid change   Black Betty - bodily fluid change Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:13 am

And the V7 is 8 today. For a birthday present (purely accidental) I swapped out the TPS yesterday, and it's now running fine again - no missing at all, and back to its economical fuel consumption rate. The Spag run will be the final proof.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty - bodily fluid change   Black Betty - bodily fluid change Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Winner Mal - enjoy the trip south.

I have been pestered, and pestered, by one LG, with many phone calls "LG, I am not coming to the Spag this year - maybe next year" - apparently he is a very slow learner. Enjoy his company - he is adamant that he is not going to "circulate" with the southern club members - seems there has been some explosive happening down there.

I did suggest that you may know of a decent, free campsite just around the corner, where you could hold the "Not Spag Rally".

On another note, my 120,000 km service showed some oil on the back of the sump and on the low side of the gearbox. Cleaned it all off as I was doing fluid changes, tightened all the sump bolts, and a general look-see as to the cause. It would appear it is coming from the clutch housing, so is likely the rear main. It's just a film at this stage, though judicious use of a mirror and lamp shows oily film inside the housing, if looked at from under the bike. Food for though for the future, being an engine out job.

It's been 3 weeks since I rode, starting to get the DTs. I find myself resorting to beer - not a bad thing itself, but...
Back to top Go down
V11
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
V11

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty - bodily fluid change   Black Betty - bodily fluid change Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:53 pm

I caught up with Mal yesterday at the all Italian Day and his TPS issue sounded very similar to my current GRiSO problem. I'm keen to know how your run down to Edi goes Mal after the reset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty - bodily fluid change   Black Betty - bodily fluid change Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Black Betty - bodily fluid change
Page 1 of 1