GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

new title.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 pm

2010 v8 rollerised  GRiSO with 17k miles,

Last edited by Eire1400 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lost utube link. no longer valid.)
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 pm

I've heard that rattle (or very similar) in several video's of modern guzzi's. For example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (GRiSO)

&

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (breva)

Can't really help you identifying the cause, as my bike doesn't have it and never has. Just to state the obvious, did you check the valve clearances?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

I'll have to try and listen to it on something better than my pad of eyes, the sound quality is shit.

Is it a sort of 'Dack-Dack-Dack' or 'Bonk-Bonk-Bonk' noise? If so I'd be pulling therod caps for a looksee. There again it could just be rattly chains.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 pm

The GRiSO one in Timothy's post definitely has a fucked bottom end.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Sounds like valvetrain noise, but hard to say with all the other noises going on. Perhaps try pulling the clutch lever in for a bit which eliminates the dry clutch rattle noises. Usually makes it much easier to identify noisy tappets etc when the clutch noise is removed from the equation.
Back to top Go down

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Screw driver in the ear can sometimes help locate area of noise creation.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The GRiSO one in Timothy's post definitely has a fucked bottom end.
That ones not good Rolling Eyes

If it's had jap bike oil put in it , too thin , change it to the correct 10w60 full synthetic spec, it will quiet it a little
Back to top Go down
Eire1400
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Eire1400

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks for replies lads. Out today for a spin and that rattle was no where to be heard. Got well warmed too. Will check valves and do a service with correct oil (got a service kit minus oil from previous owner) now. .. to start reading oil threads!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new title.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new title.    new title.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

new title.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: