GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard

Go down 
+5
GuZeee
janguzzi
relayer
motor-timothy
Rushjob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Empty
PostSubject: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Does anyone make a (left) side silencer bracket for the oem silencer w/o the passenger peg receiver part?
How about a headlight guard?
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm unaware of the first. As for headlight guard, I suppose any 7" universal headlight grill should do, they usually have quite a bit of leeway for mounting. There is also the clear plastic ones that you stick on the headlight, like this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plenty of cheaper options on ebay as well.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Thks mt
Back to top Go down
relayer
Carlotto
Carlotto
relayer

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 pm

Das Mototec in Germany used to make a pegless exhaust hanger but it is no longer listed on their site. Maybe send them an email to see if they still make them.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Thks relayer. Will do......your description is definately better than mine. lol
Back to top Go down
relayer
Carlotto
Carlotto
relayer

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm

This is their nomenclature for the part back when I bought one.

DÄS-Auspuffhalter für MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 200-0004
98,32 EUR

It was one of the items that I have passed on to a new owner.
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:55 pm

(You cannot link directly, the forum setup alters the tilte.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:03 am

Still seems to be available, though they increased the price. The website is absolutely atrocious though Evil or Very Mad :

edit: direct linking seems to not work well, but pasting Auspuffhalter-Einmann-GRiSO in google will get you to the correct page.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:53 am

Thks all. Would really like one. Left msg with them & will try again. I don't give up easy.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Ordered the pegless bracket & the 2 right side spacers March 15th fm das Mototec. The USPS "received them in their facility @ 4:21 on March 25th." Nobody has seen them since including me & it's May 2nd. It's impossible to contact any anyone & the only email response is that same repeated msg. They're not functional so I'm not excited other than hoping the increase in the stamp price to 55 cents will help fund a search staff/method that will locate the order. Meanwhile Pay Pal says they'll take care of me. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 am

I mounted my Mistral exhaust without the passenger peg bracket using a wraparound exhaust clamp screwed into the side of a rubber mount that I bolted into an existing thread in the rear subframe.

It looks great, is a really strong mount, and the rubber cushioning damps vibrations nicely.

The only thing I would do differently (and I will probably change next time I take off the exhaust) is to put the bolt through a sleeve instead of straight through the rubber. An easy change.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2019 8:29 am

Oops, you said "OEM silencer" so my mod won't help. If you change the exhaust you can use this trick Smile
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2019 11:02 am

Thank you. Finally decided to stay with the OEM silencer.
1) Like it or hate it (I like it).
2) It's unique to m/cling
3) I have beetle's map for it already installed
4) Das mototec's pegless bracket (now available) is for only 1 mounting hole..
4) Original stock is almost always worth more later.
5) Really, how many riders notice the weight/any performance difference?
6) I've done it to many times & can't bring myself to spend $1K again just to feel better about the sound than I already do.
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Got my pegless bracket (left side) & 2 spacers for the right side finale. Tidy. German. Only took 5 days in Germany & 56 days from NYC to near Reno.
Stamps went up recently. That should expedite things in the future!
I have 2 extra unused spacers for right side I'll post in for sale section. My cost $30 shipped
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Is Onur still supplying product? I'm trying to find him for a pair of 15mm risers. OR, does anyone have a pair they're willing to part with? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:49 pm

FYI-
Todd at Guzzi Tech is offering a triangular hanger that deletes the peg bracket. It's a custom order so will take a few weeks. Check out his store.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:53 pm

If he stuck to making bling and stopped screwing up how people's' bikes ran the world would be a much happier place.
Back to top Go down
ozoceanview
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ozoceanview

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:36 pm

I got a local engineer to make one up in aluminium. He created a Jig to get the angles and spacing right so he could do another one I expect.
Back to top Go down
Guzziholic
Carlotto
Carlotto
Guzziholic

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:12 am

Hi ozoceanview, was yours made to hang the oem exhaust? Have you got contact details for your engineer? How much was the exhaust hanger?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard   ''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

''17 GRiSO silencer bracket & headlight guard
Page 1 of 1