12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Finally, footpegs?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OldMojo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
OldMojo

PostSubject: Finally, footpegs?   Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm

So I've installed the bar risers from Guzzitech, and I think my wrists will be satisfied - judging from the limited opportunities I've had to ride between polar vortices.

From what I've read, seems most people who install risers also go with lowered footpegs. I do feel like I consciously need to kind of "tuck in" when taking off from a stop, and I've missed the foot brake lever a time or two. 99% of my previous riding has been on floorboards, so maybe I'm still adjusting.

Are the lowered pegs indeed the final piece of the puzzle? Are the AF1/SSR pieces decent? Other suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with?

Also, while I don't have enough saddle time in to pass judgement on the stock seat, I can foresee eventually needing to cross that bridge. Does seat selection have any bearing on peg preference?
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
Biondino
Biondino
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

I've installed lower footpegs on 1200 Sports in the past. Installing them is easy, what to do about the extra reach to the brake pedal and gear lever is another story.

Nothing is simple!
Back to top Go down
https://guzzigander.com
Papa Lazarou
Nibbio
Nibbio
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 am

people have recommended these in the past-available world wide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
davem
Biondino
Biondino
davem

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 am

I have 15mm bar risers and 23mm Vario pegs, the final piece in the jigsaw is the Stelvio rear shock which gives 25mm extra ride height. No peg scraping, better handling and a remote pre-load adjuster.

For anyone interested I have a spare set pf risers and the knurled footpeg component of the Vario system (not the complete assembly) for sale.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

Saw these on Amazon, haven't pulled the trigger yet...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 am

kiwi dave wrote:
I've installed lower footpegs on 1200 Sports in the past.  Installing them is easy, what to do about the extra reach to the brake pedal and gear lever is another story.

Nothing is simple!

I have the 1" Knight Designs. No worries on the shifter but you need a new lever for the brake. KD sells those too.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I have the Knight design footpegs and the foot controls are in the stock location. I have big feet so reaching them isn't an issue.

Most people change the suspension on a bike multiple times, I am the opposite. My $75 Stelvio shock is on its third GRiSO. Glad to hear others are enjoying this mod.

I went through my fender eliminator stage and am now keeping that area stock and my rear end dry.
Back to top Go down

Finally, footpegs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: