GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally, footpegs?

Go down 
+13
Bulldog9
Bill Hagan
tvboy
ecs
beetle
Pete Roper
guzziownr
Dilliw
Stromgriso
davem
Papa Lazarou
kiwi dave
OldMojo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm

So I've installed the bar risers from Guzzitech, and I think my wrists will be satisfied - judging from the limited opportunities I've had to ride between polar vortices.

From what I've read, seems most people who install risers also go with lowered footpegs. I do feel like I consciously need to kind of "tuck in" when taking off from a stop, and I've missed the foot brake lever a time or two. 99% of my previous riding has been on floorboards, so maybe I'm still adjusting.

Are the lowered pegs indeed the final piece of the puzzle? Are the AF1/SSR pieces decent? Other suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with?

Also, while I don't have enough saddle time in to pass judgement on the stock seat, I can foresee eventually needing to cross that bridge. Does seat selection have any bearing on peg preference?
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

I've installed lower footpegs on 1200 Sports in the past. Installing them is easy, what to do about the extra reach to the brake pedal and gear lever is another story.

Nothing is simple!
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 am

people have recommended these in the past-available world wide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 am

I have 15mm bar risers and 23mm Vario pegs, the final piece in the jigsaw is the Stelvio rear shock which gives 25mm extra ride height. No peg scraping, better handling and a remote pre-load adjuster.

For anyone interested I have a spare set pf risers and the knurled footpeg component of the Vario system (not the complete assembly) for sale.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

Saw these on Amazon, haven't pulled the trigger yet...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:55 am

kiwi dave wrote:
I've installed lower footpegs on 1200 Sports in the past.  Installing them is easy, what to do about the extra reach to the brake pedal and gear lever is another story.

Nothing is simple!

I have the 1" Knight Designs. No worries on the shifter but you need a new lever for the brake. KD sells those too.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I have the Knight design footpegs and the foot controls are in the stock location. I have big feet so reaching them isn't an issue.

Most people change the suspension on a bike multiple times, I am the opposite. My $75 Stelvio shock is on its third GRiSO. Glad to hear others are enjoying this mod.

I went through my fender eliminator stage and am now keeping that area stock and my rear end dry.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Had an issue with the Knight Design on my 2016. Ordered and received thru Amazon. They looked like great quality, but were not oriented correctly due to the peg mounts. Did a return and talked to the nice lady who called me (Mrs Knight, I presume?). She said yes, there was a foot peg design change on the 2016 and later GRiSO’s. She did give me a full refund which included shipping. Very nice to deal with. I’m still in search of lowered footpegs though.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Really? I find that unlikely!
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi Pete, saw it with my own eyes. And heard it from Knight Design with my own ears. I know it seems hard to believe...Most respectfully...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 am

Look, I'm not doubting you but I'd want to check the part numbers. There have been no real chassis redesigns since 2008.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 am

The part numbers for the footpegs and side plates are the same for all year models. Just sayin'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:58 am

It’s all good. Thanks for the good info my GRiSO bros. I’ll call Knight Design today with that info and hopefully not have too much egg on my face...-Dan
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:45 pm

beetle wrote:

The part numbers for the footpegs and side plates are the same for all year models. Just sayin'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One small problem with that.. scratch   977822 and 977823 are listed as RH and LH Foot rests (Old).  884095 and 884096 are the newer ones.

What works for the newer bikes?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 am

The 2014/15/16 parts list only lists the 884XXX numbers. The 2007-2013 parts list has both. There is only 1 number for each left/right side plate, respectively, for all 1200 model years. The 1100 has two different numbers for the plates.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 am

beetle wrote:
The 2014/15/16 parts list only lists the 884XXX numbers. The 2007-2013 parts list has both. There is only 1 number for each left/right side plate, respectively, for all 1200 model years. The 1100 has two different numbers for the plates.

I will give you that, I was just  Basketball  Doesn't really make sense unless it was a different material.  Maybe they had some failures but still doesn't explain Knight Designs - they do not offer them for the 16 or 17 GRiSO which is the same attachment as the 15 and presumably the earlier ones.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:06 pm

ecs wrote:
Maybe they had some failures but still doesn't explain Knight Designs - they do not offer them for the 16 or 17 GRiSO which is the same attachment as the 15 and presumably the earlier ones.  

Simple.  2015 was the last year of GRiSO manufacturing.  Any later ones are basically old stock, even if they have a later VIN plate.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Interesting, learning lots on this thread, great info.  TVboy sent me detailed photos of his 2011 (thanks again btw) and there looks to be no difference between that and my 2016. I called K-D this morning, told their rep (Robin) she still thinks there is a difference after the 2015s.  She referred me to AF1. AF1 has several other aftermarket brands which fit 2007-2017s (imagine that).  Just ordered these, cheaper than K-D and free shipping...will post a photo after the installation...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Great find. I bought the 20mm bar risers from Onur. Will see how they go and these are next.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Stromgriso, Are you buying the lowered toe pegs too?

The footpegs look good.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Hey Dave, Going to roll the dice and see how they work without first.  But will get the AF1 recommendation footpegs if needed...
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:41 pm

sounds good. Took the ride out today for a quick spin first time in a month.
Can't wait for warmer temps Smile Had to test out the Sena bluetooth too.
It worked swell.
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Nice,! The weather’s getting better!🏍

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Yeah, except they're calling for snow next Thursday and Friday. Sad
That's OK. It's sunny next few days
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 am

We have Fahrenheit teens as lows much of next week. Crying or Very sad

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally, footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally, footpegs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next