GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Odd idleing

Go down 
+4
Oz1200Guzzi
Richard
wyno
NC Guzzi Rider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NC Guzzi Rider
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
NC Guzzi Rider

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

So here we go, my 07 2v GRiSO with 80,000 miles was refusing to idle consistently. Sometimes creeping up to 1800 Rpm. I called John Zibel down in Georgia and he suggested pulling the hose off the air box that feeds the stepper motor and spray carb cleaner into the stepper motor in order to clean out the contact points. Well i did that but it did not help. It sort of did at first but then the beast returned . MMM I next texted my friend Ed Milich on the west coast and he suggested that toss the stepper motor and have the omygod computer reflashed. Well I'm only 2 stones out of the cave and no one here in North Clakylaky would know anything about that . So now I'm thinking of replacing the stepper motor. i go on line and find out that no one in the States has any per sei and when find them on line in Europe they sell for 500 E. But on this site I see that Ducati uses the same one, I find one on Ebay US for $48 Done deal , I get it and it is indeed the same thing only with a plastic housing , pull apart the GRiSO and install Ducati Stepper and now the Anti- Christ idles. Yea there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Excellent Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Guzzi Rider, what did you search for? Others may wish to purchase similar...
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 am

yup, I would like to know too. I am in the middle of finding a cheap repair solution and think that I have a stepper that fits in the ally casing of the original stepper motor but need to remove the original plunger from the Guzzi stepper motor as the tip is different. first attempt at dismantling screwed the bit I needed ...
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 am

Holy crap, US importer now wants $722 for one!! Last time I checked it was $250 for the plastic one. What a rip-off.
I fill the airbox hose w/silicone spray after the carb cleaner & that works better. Otherwise put a shut-off valve in the hose and just use it for start-up then shut it off.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 pm

There are a few second hand ones available - but I already have one that is second hand...
Back to top Go down
tris1948
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
tris1948

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:42 pm

I "invested" in a spare second hand one off a Ducati when I saw one going .... "just in case"

Its the lesser metal bodied version, but still functions so should keep the wolf from the door 

BrianD
yup, I would like to know too.  I am in the middle of finding a cheap repair solution and think that I have a stepper that fits in the ally casing of the original stepper motor but need to remove the original plunger from the Guzzi stepper motor as the tip is different.  first attempt at dismantling screwed the bit I needed ...

Like Brian I'm also on the lookout for a completely dead stepper - metal or plastic as I have a suspicion I could make the motor from a Fiat do the job

Tris

PS Brian - if you bid on one on e-bay before I do, give me the heads up and I wont bid you up!
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:57 am

maybe I should sell you mine Tony..... its just sitting there under the airbox taking up realestate....
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 am

update for Tris, just got a Ducati 848 throttle body assy for £29 - it appears that a lot of the Ducati models use "our" style stepper. I searched for "ducati throttle body".

So I can have another go at getting a cheap fix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd idleing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd idleing   Odd idleing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Odd idleing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: