GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

grab bag of questions, suggestions

Go down 
+8
beetle
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
ecs
Stubbie
ratso88
anguscameron1966
algebr
12 posters
AuthorMessage
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

grab bag of questions, suggestions  Empty
PostSubject: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Some ideas/questions

1) Where is a good place to mount a gopro on the handlebars?

2) Anyone added a gear indicator? Where to mount, how to wire up, if even possible/feasible

3) Anyone played with shorter levers for brakes/clutch; how hard to install, which ones pretty good on the GRiSO

4) My valve cover, the black plastic, has cracked. Where to order just this plastic piece?

Thanks folks
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Can't help with 1 to 3 but for item 4 try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers,

Angus.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:48 pm

I run a set of ASV shorty levers, red anodized. They were a little spendy. I do like the adjustment feature and they came with the appropriate hardware for the clutch master cylinder. I've used ASV levers on my other bikes and have been pleased with their performance and durability.
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks gents, for the levers; are yours on this link ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:59 pm

That'd be them
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:08 pm

nice, just ordered red f3 shorty as well. Really spoiling myself lately, just picked up some dainese gear for the first time. Every day loving the GRiSO more and more
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:42 pm

I have a go pro mount under my left mirror
Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:24 am

algebr wrote:
Some ideas/questions

4) My valve cover, the black plastic, has cracked. Where to order just this plastic piece?

Thanks folks

Get a hold of the GRiSO Part Catalog from the section in this forum or these links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

link for 2015 and 2016 GRiSO Parts catalog

2009-2013 Parts GRiSO

Right side or left side cover?  Part#873654 or Part#872740

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Gear indicator is not necessary - there is enough grunt in any gear from 2,000 rpm, once mapped correctly. Feel the force, keep your eyes on the road.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Thing is with a couple of extra lines of code in the ECU they could of easily enabled a gear indicator as the ECU knows what gear you're in and that is used in the implementation of the torque tables in the map, (As I understand it.).

I have to say I've never seen the point of a gear indicator myself? Perhaps that's because of the way I ride though which tends to be, (On the open road at least.) stick it in top as quick as possible and then ride the torque. Sure, if I'm having a play or pressing on a bit the gearbox gets a workout but one of the joys of riding something with a big, heavy, flywheel is riding it like it's a steam locomotive! Laughing

Pete
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:55 pm

I guess as a programmer, I like having information of the state of a system. Like I wish oil temp was also displayed
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm

There are a few aftetmarket options. They require a extra speed sensor and RPM input (usually from the coil). ScanM5x is an Android app that used a wifi or Bluetooth dongle to interface with the ECU to display real time data, and it has a gear indicator.

My rule of thumb is this: if you hit the rev limiter, change up a gear. If you run out of gears, you are travelling more than twice the posted limit anywhere, and are going fast enough. Unless you are on the Autobahn in Germany, where you still need to worry about mad Audi drivers overtaking you.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:33 am

Agree. Not necessary but as all the GRiSO 1100 owners, I always look for a 7th gear  pirat
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:17 am

I have learned my rpm at 70 mph in 6th gear so no guessing if I am in 6th. The other 5 not so much
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Okay, scratch the gear indicator then.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 am

cognosticator wrote:
I have learned my rpm at 70 mph in 6th gear so no guessing if I am in 6th. The other 5 not  so much

Exactly  Wink
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:33 am

1400 is awesome. Stick it in 5th and it's just like an automatic. Twist and go from any speed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:34 am

Aren’t you lugging the engine ?
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:01 am

The Healtech GI Pro X type gear indicator uses the GRiSO's existing wheel and engine speed sensor wires.
No need for additional sensors. You tap into the bike's sensor wires.
The Healtech also has the added features of programmable speed warnings and shift points if you're into those.
I know the GRiSO has an adjustable shift point flasher but it can only go as low as 6K RPM.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 am

That's great. Makes for an easy install. Shift point? Isn't that when the engine goes 'blurp, blurp, blurp' when you hit the rev limit?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 am

Ha! That would be the 'absolute' shift point I suppose.
For those who would like a reminder of something less than 6k rpm the Healtech would be useful.

I'm actually interested in the speed limit indicator. That would be nice in my world.
Not essential, but nice.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm

I'm with Mark - blurp, blurp, blurp gives physical and audible feedback that another gear "could" be selected - unless you are already in 6th gear Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm

and if you are blurping in 6th, you have often have other considerations, rather than rpm...
Back to top Go down
algebr
Carlotto
Carlotto
algebr

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 am

I got my number 3 piece installed, looks great and feel great, real precise now.

Back to top Go down
ecs
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ecs

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:48 am

algebr wrote:
I got my number 3 piece installed, looks great and feel great, real precise now.

A hair dryer and some contact cleaner will take off that sticker on your fairing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grab bag of questions, suggestions    grab bag of questions, suggestions  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

grab bag of questions, suggestions
Page 1 of 1