GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mivv Exhaust

Go down 
+5
sideshowbob
beetle
MalG
Oz1200Guzzi
Stubbie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Anyone know a dealer of Mivv Exhausts in Australia?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 pm

I Believe they are an import only item, but hey, I've been wrong before. According to their world map, none here.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm

If you are into exotica, Stubbie, note that SC-Project has a Perth presence, nothing for the GRiSO on their website, (they do have a tasty looking 2-into-1 for the V7), but give them a ring to see if anything is planned in Italy.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks guys bought one from Italy yesterday arvo.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Photo, or it didn't happen! You know the rule.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Just for everyone's interest and I'm not sure how long this has been happening because I haven't bought anything from there (Italy) in years but there is sales tax on anything you buy from Italy and it looks like the USA also but the that may only be linked to some states. I bought something the other day $12.50 from the US via eBay and I had an extra $1.25 payment taken out by PayPal. I tried to query it but kept going around in circles on their web page and gave up. But it looks like 10% tax. I queried the tax from Italy and was told it's a new thing just come in.

Last edited by Stubbie on Fri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 4:59 pm

It's not new. GST on overseas internet sales has been around for a bit now. You can thank that whinging man-baby Gerry Harvey for that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Ebay is now charging state sales tax, 6% for IA. So now its a game to see if I can find it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2019 6:55 am

sideshowbob wrote:
Ebay is now charging state sales tax, 6% for IA. So now its a game to see if I can find it elsewhere.

You can thank our leaders in Congress for that. The Supreme Court recently ruled that states can charge sales tax on items purchased online from out of state locations. In defense of the stupid ruling, the court did say, it would create a mess... it has... but that the constitution gives Congress the responsibility of regulating interstate commerce, and since congress refused to address the matter the states (and cities and counties) can set what ever requirement they want. Until Congress does some actual legislating, it's going to remain a mess.

If your selling online in the USA right now, you have to deal with about 15000 different sales taxes. Different states, and different counties have different cut offs below which you are exempt from having to collect the sales tax. However most are somewhere around 100 sales in that location, or about $100K, so it can be hit pretty quickly in populous areas. And of course once you cross that threshold, you have to collect the taxes on every sale even those first 100. So E-bay and a lot of other such listing services collect the tax for their sellers, so their smaller sellers do not have to deal with the massive headache. However companies that do not go through something like e-bay are complaining bitterly. I have heard of some companies refusing to sell in certain locations because the cutoff is so low they do not make enough profit to justify the effort to deal with all the taxes.

So most likely either buy from someone internationally, or you'll be stuck with really small companies that just do not do enough volume to worry about it. if its a real big dollar item, you could probably have a friend in a state with no sales tax receive it and forward it on, but on lower priced items the tax will not be worth the extra shipping cost, and hassling your friends.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Well that sucks. Looks like my US made Ford will be sitting idle until all this is worked out. Luckily I don't need parts at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 pm

It's on. The Mivv that is. Took me a while cause the mid pipe supplied was the same size as GRiSO pipe and I didn't have anything substantial to make it bigger, so had to take a trip to Thunderbikes. Then work and the flu got in the way. It sounds great and I have no popping on decel anymore. I think my ears will be happy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 am

movie!!! we want a movie!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Lookin good Stubbie!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm

On that other matter, Stubbie, PayPal Aust has been "obliged" to become a GST collector for the Tax Office. You buy OS on PayPal, you get charged an extra 10%, automatically. It's there in the fine print somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm working on the movie. I could see it was some tax from somewhere but didn't think it was from PayPal Aust as I still thought you didn't pay tax on anything under $500.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:47 am

Here ya go.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am

man, that sounds sweet!
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am

looks like there is more room between the bags and the pipe compared to the original on, or not?
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Don't know about original muffler as I had the Termignoni. But there is more room than the Termi for sure.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 am

Sounds really great.  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:23 am

Sounds beastly!👍🏍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mivv Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mivv Exhaust   Mivv Exhaust Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mivv Exhaust
Page 1 of 1