GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rev limiter

Go down 
+3
kiwi dave
eeyore
DeepSpace
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:57 am

Hey Gents,

Question 1, my rev limiter is at 8000, but from another GRiSO rider, its only 7500 orso. Any idea where he can change this?
Question 2, where does the rev limiter kick in at 6th gear?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:16 am

The rev limiter is set by the ecu 8000rpm (I think!).
The user settings allow you to change rpm that makes the yellow triangle flash - sort of shift up light but this doesn’t change the actual rev limiter.
The rev limiter kicks in at the same engine speed regardless of gear.

Last edited by eeyore on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:37 am

His is really at 7500. I know about the gear indicator. played with that already Smile
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm

I've never tweaked it, but I believe you can change it with IAW5 writer (part of the Guzzidiag suite of tools).
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Nah. It can be changed but not with Guzzidiag. You need to pull the map with 'Reader' and open it in tunerpro. You can then change the rev limit point, save the map and re-load it.

Guzzidiag is simply a diagnostic and tuning program and Reader and Writer do exactly what they say. To actually mess about with the map parameters you need a tool like Tunerpro and someone clever enough to use it, ie not me!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:53 pm

It's a hard limit set in the map. 8000 is the factory limit.

If it won't rev past 7500, then there is an issue. Mechanical or electrical.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Just a thought. Has the cam timing been checked?
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Just a thought. Has the cam timing been checked?

How is the engine behaving as it reaches the 7500 rpm limit?
When the 4 valve engines reach the rev limiter it’s like hitting a brick wall, the engine is at making full power and ignition is switched off. This cycles 4 or 5 times per second - it sounds awful and feels quite crude by modern standards.
If the cam timing was out it would just run out of power and the engine speed would just fail to increase.
Fuel issues would behave differently depending on engine load.

A video of the rev counter as the maximum engine speed is reached would be useful.

Edit: for some reason I made the assumption the bike was an 1200 4v.
I have little experience of the 1100 motor as it reaches max engine speed so the above may not be valid.
However the video would still help.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 am

Actually, what happens is the fuel is cut at 8000, then reactivated at 7900. Hence, the 'blurp blurp blurp' when you hit the rev limiter. It's bouncing between 7900 & 8000.

We also know that if the cam chain is out by one tooth, the engine will rev to a certain point then just stop. Same effect, like hitting a brick wall. Typically this is around 6500-7000 RPM.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 am

My new to me stock 2013 GRiSO starts bouncing just over 7,500 rpm like hitting the rev limiter. I would like to change that.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 am

A remap with a higher rev limit is the only option.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
lablame
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
lablame

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:13 am

Hi !

My GRiSO started boucing at 7500 rpm because of poor fuel adjustment. The ex owner only added an exhaust without changing the map.

I used firstly a electronic piece that cheated the ECU with the external temperature sensor, the ECU thought that it was less than real so in reality, I was like running with the starter ON. That was patch up job...

Then I bought a beetle map. and it changed all ! I easily go to 8000 rpm.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rev limiter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter   Rev limiter Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rev limiter
Page 1 of 1