GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Heel protector

Go down 
+8
Bill Hagan
paulbrice
BobW981
sideshowbob
changohot
janguzzi
Bishop
Nobleswood
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Just saw a reference to the heel protectors that someone had a picture of recently ( of course now I can't find that thread). They are made by Kevin Cendali, KC 34 Moto, Parma, Italy.

Thought I'd add to the collective knowledge & if anyone can attach this to the right post I'd appreciate it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 am

I've been keeping an eye on these from the US E-bay, don't know who made them but I do know my factory heel guards get scuffed all the time and Carbon fiber doesn't like to get scuffed-it will show?

They're from a wrecked 2009 that some unfortunate soul sent to a breaker. Fortunate for me as I scored his Agostini Hugger real cheap bounce

The guards are going for $37.00

Carbon fiber Heel Guards
Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:40 am

Just found them- 60 euro- They do look trick!

CNC Heel Guards
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:03 am

I would prefer those:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the price ... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
changohot
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
changohot

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm

janguzzi wrote:
I would prefer those:

But the price ... Shocked
Do they sell these in the US?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.diazandpartners.com/our_properties.htm
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:04 pm

I have tried to order from Daes Mototec. Got the order through and they wanted some kind of wire transfer for payment. Never could get it figured out. Sent many emails with no response.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:08 pm

sideshowbob wrote:
I have tried to order from Daes Mototec. Got the order through and they wanted some kind of wire transfer for payment. Never could get it figured out. Sent many emails with no response.

I’m in contact with Gisela Mate’ @ Daes-Mototec via email. I use Google Translate to send my emails in German & then to be able to read the reply.

Bob
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:12 am

use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - much better

Bill Hagan and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 am

Daes english is very good so probably don't need to translate as it just adds to the confusion - just use plain & simple flavour of english.

I bought exhaust bracket & bobbins for the other side to allow passenger pegs removal. Daes warned me about custom duties below Euro 135 (Brexit PITA) so I added heel protectors to up exceed the limit & the goods flew through customs fine.

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:44 am

Their payment system is direct bank transfer so all you need is their IBAN and a few other details....not as easy as paypal, but no worse than paying my wife's hairdresser directly from bank Wink

Bill Hagan, Leone and BobW981 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 pm

What are these protecting, boots or the CARC?

I am as much a sucker as anyone for bling and farkles, but don't see the value in those beyond the OEM.

Bill

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Mainly for looks. Razz

That said, I have the brushed aluminium Däs installed now, and also a painted silver Rossopuro set on the bench. The Däs parts are *very* nicely machined and finished, recessed at the rear so they mount flush with the side plates (rather than protruding ~6mm as the Rossopuro ones do). The shape of the RP guards is however very cool (IMO).

Rossopuro Webshop

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:09 am

Bill, you are right, but also worth considering as replacement once you've (I) wrecked/scratched the chrome OEM ones by not putting the stand on properly......I think worth paying for quality finish & design

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Direct comparison between rossopuro and Däs guards:

Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:50 pm

The more I look at the factory heel protector (and the prices of fancy new ones) the more I want to take the stock ones off, bring 'em to work and use the drill press and scroll saw to make some creative "openings". The way the stock is made with the curled over edges, it would maintain stiffness even with a lot of decretive infiltrations??
Hummmm....
Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Bishop wrote:
The more I look at the factory heel protector (and the prices of fancy new ones) the more I want to take the stock ones off, bring 'em to work and use the drill press and scroll saw to make some creative "openings". The way the stock is made with the curled over edges, it would maintain stiffness even with a lot of decretive infiltrations??
Hummmm....

I had similar thought, different approach:

Leone and drbuzz like this post

Back to top Go down
Bishop
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bishop

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Holy crap!- That's great! can I send you my .45 Ruger!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:34 pm

You could...but I can't take credit for the craftsmanship, I sub'd that out!

An engraver in Washington state did those, I give thumbs up.  
Reasonable price, good communication, fast turn-around, nice artwork:

I did use a shop in Colorado for some work for my Victory- "Steel Tattoos" (dot net).  Good work especially given that it was stainless. Can provide more info via PM.  http://www.steeltattoos.net/
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:23 pm

While I REALLY like the engraving, I'm thinking of just painting the heel guards black. Does anyone know of a good match?
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:43 pm

I've had good luck with VHT wheel paint, seems to more durable than others. Powder coat would be better.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Heel protectors? Hmm...

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

Heel protector Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heel protector   Heel protector Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Heel protector
Page 1 of 1