GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from North Wales

Go down 
+3
Richard
Pete Roper
Mykwin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mykwin
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mykwin

Hello from North Wales Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi there, thanks for letting me join. Hoping to pick up some useful information re. my GRiSO.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Well, obviously the first question is what year and then is it rollerised? While there were it seems a very few Tenni Grisos that left the factory rollerised the vast majority are flat tappet engines and that is the number 1 priority to fix.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Mykwin
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mykwin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:30 am

2012. I haven't changed anything, so I'm guessing not.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:51 am

Hello, welcome, bienvenue cheers

Didn’t like Tenni’s when first proposed by MG but now I found them awesome.

Should I go for a 1200 I’d probably look for one of those. Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 am

Mykwin wrote:
2012. I haven't changed anything, so I'm guessing not.

Well your first task is to pull a rocker cover and check. If you can tell us the engine number, (Stamped in the block just above the dipstick.) it will give us an idea but Guzzi's record keeping was a bit rubbery so best to look.

Do NOT pull the plug caps from above to get them off, you'll damage them. Pry them up from underneath by using a long, thin screwdriver inserted through the cooling tunnel above the exhaust manifold. Once the rocker cover is off you can easily see if it is a flat tappet or roller machine.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 am

G'day Mykwin
Greetings and welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
Please enjoy your GRiSO .....
After doing a few needed jobs you will have a great bit of kit ....
Stay safe
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Mykwin!

That is one beautiful Tenni, but heed Pete's advice without delay. He's not trying to alarm you or take your money, he's trying to save you a world of grief down the road. Everyone here will tell you, if the bike  hasn't been rollerized it's going to have to be done and the sooner, the better. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be a factory roller, but the only way to know for sure is to put your peepers on it. There's plenty of info. on this subject throughout this forum. Good luck and congrats!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Here's a link to the most recent thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
finsbury
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:24 am

Welcome, Mykwin. Those Tenni's sure are good lookin' Smile

Back to top Go down
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Mykwin wrote:
Hi there, thanks for letting me join. Hoping to pick up some useful information re. my GRiSO.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was in that spot Sunday shame about the average speed cameras now

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Wales   Hello from North Wales Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Wales
Page 1 of 1