GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Ordered the rest of my parts list from Mario. Due for a major service, so the bits for that as well - well the ones I didn't have - I get Penrite oil by the 30 Litre drum, and a collection of oil filters inthe bottom of my spares cupboard - so 4 x plugs and an air filter, were the only extra bits.

Pat, when you read this, start planning and buying in the bits you need for a top-end rebuild. Mario has it all - PSI will have diddley-squat.

The two ring sets are the killers - approx $250 a side. Well only this cheap until the Pacific Peso takes another dive...
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Today I performed the canister-ectomy Whilst performing it, my bride of 46 years entered the garage just as a string of unkind words was reverberating against the walls. She commented that in all my years of wrenching on Hondas, she'd never heard more than a couple discouraging words, but the GRiSO seems to draw them out in great quantity. It's developed into a love/hate relationship....

The source of my angst was the bolt at the rear of the canister. I could only get an open end wrench on it, and only turn 1 flat at a time. To top it off, it hit the brake master cylinder fitting before it could exit the hole. I finally resorted to cutting the rear tab on the canister and yanking it out. I also removed the blue/orange valve and replaced with a splice.

In researching this procedure, it seems I can expect several improvements in the operation of the machine. No more moaning, no more start failure when hot, less popping and farting. Oh, that last one was rider, not machine.
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Going for a ride with my son   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:31 am

There are few things in this world that really make me feel alive than riding on two wheels through beautiful scenery. I got to do this with one of my sons yesterday. I have passed the love for riding onto them. Went for a ride on the Blue ridge parkway in central Virginia. We have so many curbs here that it is hard to find a straight road, I am blessed! My son was riding a 2000 VFR800 that we resurrected and turned into a street fighter. Yesterday was his first time riding the GRiSO. He was all smiles when we got home, he loved riding it. I'm like that every time I ride it![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20178446/18][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:01 am

washed it. also, I now have all the parts I need to improve the riding position. Rizoma bars (MA009B), lowered pegs, sticky out things to go on the brake and gear levers. All it needs now is some improvement to the seat.
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: still in love   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:16 pm

Not bad for a 14 years old bike. Nice day on the racetrack last year.

Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Cool picture bro👍👍
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks mate!
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi Clowell. Lets see the VFR. They're a great bike
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:33 pm

I bought the yellow VFR800 from a friend. It was just sitting in the back of the yard rusting under a tarp. I paid $500. Had to replace some bits and pieces but got it running. Replaced the front fairing with a headlight off of a 2009 KLX 250 and painted it army green. It is a blast to ride. Has 50k on it and running strong.

Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Yeah and that is the best model, last of the gear drives.
I had one back in 1998 and they just don't do much wrong. Just one further question, maybe you will only find out in summer, but originally the fairing was designed as to create a venturi affect and draw air through the radiator, so I'm wondering how effective the radiators are without it?
Back to top Go down
Clowell
Carlotto
Carlotto
Clowell

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Yeah that's right. I wired up the fan to run all the time. So far it has not been a problem. Well I take that back. I bought an upgraded rectifyer to handle the fan running all the time.
Back to top Go down
knumbnutz
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
knumbnutz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Good move, Honda rectifiers blow regularly. I think mainly because they get too hot in the behind everything and lack ventilation. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Not sure about the red, will have to look at it in the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:40 pm

I think the red's alright, but I just can't warm up to this particular grill design, shows too much of the inner cooling fins for my taste. I actually prefer the stock unit, but then again I'm missing out on an opportunity to add a geegaw!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:00 pm

I put some black gutter guard mesh behind mine, to reduce the “aluminiumness” of the heat exchanger.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:14 pm

beetle wrote:

I put some black gutter guard mesh behind mine, to reduce the “aluminiumness” of the heat exchanger.

Why not just paint the heat exchanger black?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:07 pm

kiwi dave wrote:

Why not just paint the heat exchanger black?

Why?

scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Thats what I did. High temp satin black. Had the cover powder coated.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:17 pm

You guys have the right idea. Looks much better with the mesh, or painted black.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Beetle, how did you get the screen to stay connected to the cooler cover?
I like your fish net stocking look.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:31 pm

The mesh is cut to the same size as the cover. I added cut-outs to the corners of the mesh for the screws. It's simply held firm by the cover.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:36 am

Thanks Mark. I’m going to borrow your idea instead of painting the cooler. I used some of the same mesh on the back of my air box when I removed the snorkel. I used silicone on the inside. Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:04 am

I really love the look of the original cover. Fortunately, I haven't ever experienced any of the warping/sagging that some other have.

My ideal solution would be to sand-cast/replicate the original in aluminium.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Steak,
I was OK with it too but living in Houston when I got the GRiSO and the summer heat there was too much for it.
I’m in Georgia now and it probably wouldn’t survive a summer here either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 19 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next