GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 am

Back to top Go down
Street
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am

Grinning the whole time!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 6:49 am

Started with a red wrecked V50 early this year & today completed as a covid lock-down project (It's a baby brother for the GRiSO !)Wink
....just need to get it MOt'd for riding....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 am

My first Guzzi was one of those.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 am

There is an "esteemed" author (I don't want to mention Hendrik's name out loud) that lives in the Adelaide Hills and has ridden his all over the country, sometimes two up. His work ethic is to be admired as every time there is an opportunity, his V50 is the in the background of his reporting work (TV). Subtle, not so. Passionate, definitely.

Simple, classic and easy to fix on the side of the road for most things. Good on you, Paul.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 11:51 am

That's a neat little bike.

cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2020 6:28 am

Threw a leg over the GRiSO yesterday for a little tootle around town and then Dinner at Starrski's house.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
vee2win
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
vee2win

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 am

Nice 95 miler before noon this am. Been hot here, nice 75 degrees today. Just picked up a low-mileage '17 R1200RT Beemer, but love the GRiSO for thrashing the County. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 pm

Just looked at the last few pages here.  What great machines and tales.

Yesterday’s weather was so fine that if it were like that year ‘round, we couldn’t afford to live here. cheers

We had lots of yard work, but Kathi encouraged me to go with enthusiasm that might make a married man worry.   Wink

So, off I went.  Here are a few pix.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
Kadonnut
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kadonnut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:41 am

Finally after few years of struggle with 8v it seems to ride quite Well..
After rollerisation it Lost its dash so I Bought brand New.. Did 50000km service balanced throttles bought New tires..
Its really nice ride now.. Well only 1000km on New dash but still...
Yesterday my wifes 850 GRiSO started to mess around.. Its been working fine and suddenly it runs rough and idle was about 2000... So i Did service it today, valve clearances was bit Off and throttle balance quite much Off...
And took it for a spin.... Even rougher than before and idle jumps between 1500-3000...
Unfortunately i told my wife to ride 8v.. And after she Did she said that theres No going Back to 850 🙈.. So probably we need to buy another 1200 8v...but before that i should get that 850 to settle.. Still having fun
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:19 am

^^^^

That is tragic ... and funny. cheers

Are you certain your wife did not sabotage her 850? Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:19 am

Enjoyed your pictures (and captions), Bill, as always.

"Are you certain your wife did not sabotage her 850?" - That's what I was thinking - she wants a new bike!
Back to top Go down
Solojoe
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Solojoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 pm

Some photographic fun with my GRiSO yesterday.590nm Infrared converted camera with HOYA R72 filter.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 am

That is a gorgeous photo, even though you've employed an entirely Grecian process to achieve it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:57 am

Nice work, Joe.
Back to top Go down
Brian675
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Brian675

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:05 pm

No offence, but those are the cleanest nuts I have ever seen...……………….on a GRiSO exhaust header. Mine were so hard to get off, both on the GRiSO and the Stelvio that I eventually replaced them with M8 domed nuts from a Triumph T100 for $14 for four
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:59 am

Brian675 wrote:
No offence, but those are the cleanest nuts I have ever seen...……………….on a GRiSO exhaust header. Mine were so hard to get off, both on the GRiSO and the Stelvio that I eventually replaced them with M8 domed nuts from a Triumph T100 for $14 for four

something I still need to do.

finally got the uncomfortable seat sorted with memory foam.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 am

Exhaust flange nut -> go brass with a brass washer underneath, even matches the yellowing of stainless pipes (though mine are now beyond what I would call pristine).
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am

Fie. Fie, Tony. A missed opportunity for getting to the long, messy & boring jobs during lockdown. Unlike many of us.

Perhaps hoping for a second phase?

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 am

I took Karen for a ride to Bendigo yesterday and cam home through Maldon and Ballarat. 420 km. Had a great time but hit a square edged bump and blew a fork seal. Some pics from Maldon. for those overseas, Maldon is an historic gold minig town and the whole main street has been heritage listed. We were walking past one shop and it had a Norton 850 Commando in perfect nick in the front window.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Solojoe
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Solojoe

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Brian675 wrote:

Hey Brian, Those nuts could be so clean cuz the bike is new, only 2500KM on the clock. I'll keep an eye out for rust. My Norge was a 2007 and didn't notice any rust. Made a mistake and sold the Norge a few weeks back.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:16 pm

wyno wrote:
I took Karen for a ride to Bendigo yesterday and cam home through Maldon and Ballarat. 420 km. Had a great time but hit a square edged bump and blew a fork seal. Some pics from Maldon. for those overseas, Maldon is an historic gold minig town and the whole main street has been heritage listed. We were walking past one shop and it had a Norton 850 Commando in perfect nick in the front window.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for posting great pix ... and, as I am a history nerd  study , the Maldon story.   cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 am

GRiSO got some love today..... Given my lack of garage space, I had to rotate the GRiSO out of the garage and ride rotation far too often the last year. Between the now departed space hob MGX, and then the Convert and other projects, and the need to keep the Stornello at hand for daily commute responsibilities it was sorely neglected. However that changed today. I think it's been 7 months since I experienced the sheer pleasure of my Guzzi Conversion Device. I was a bit concerned about battery drain, but she fired right up, and time for the fun to begin.

Another completely daft reason it was falling out of the rotation was the stiff clutch and old hand and left arm injuries making it often painful to ride. I'm happy to say those days are over. I ordered up a set of cheap adjustible levers, put them on and WOW what a change.... Just got back from 80 perfect miles of sheer smiles.

Lately, I've been mostly riding the V7 and Convert, and before that the MGX, and somehow I forgot what a blast this bike is. Sounds, Sensations, Capability, and yes, it fits like a glove......

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19478707/239]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:24 am

^^^^^^^^

Well done.

Heck, you even managed to get an Italian flag in that one pic.  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: