GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:08 am

Put my Stucchi rack on, with slightly deformed Givi universal plate. In preparation for the Tiona Cabal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:34 am

That would be custom plate, Mark. 1 more geegaw!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:16 am

Got my pink slip.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:51 am

Wait, what?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:58 am

Roadworthy certificate. For registration, and topping up the state coffers.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:14 am

Ahso. Over here a pink slip is either a notification of job termination or a pastel undergarment - take your pick.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 am

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Street wrote:
Ahso. Over here a pink slip is either a notification of job termination or a pastel undergarment - take your pick.

When I owned motorcycles stored in the USA, the pink slip was considered the ownership papers. I argued that it was green not pink, but nobody cared or listened.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:26 pm

I thought it was a US name - Thunder Road car race in GREASE was 'racing for pink slips'
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Over here you need a green card to work on a construction site - it's actually white. Go Figure!

In the US, a green card means something else entirely - nearly had one once. in hindsight, I'm glad it didn't work out... No offences meant: COVID!

There is also a blue slip here, which you need to get if your vehicle has been out of registration for more than three month; then you need a green slip for the insurance. It goes on and on...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:34 pm

According to Wikipedia:

Pink slip may refer to:

Pink slip (U.S. automotive), In the United States also known as "certificate of title", a legal form, establishing a person or business as the legal owner of a vehicle.

Pink slip, a deprecated vehicle inspection paper in Australia.

Pink slip (employment), a form of termination notice.

An EP released in 2009 by artist and singer Justin Bond.

The 'pink slip' in NSW vehicle inspection used to be pink. Now it's all digital, and you get a white receipt. Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:21 am

We also have Green Slips and Blue slips in NSW.

The Green slip is essentially compulsory people insurance to cover motor vehicle accident injuries including lifetime care for those left permanently disabled. And ya cant register your bike/car without it. It use to cover only the third party injuries but now it is a no fault cover ...... and the policy costs a lot more now as a result. But worth it IMNSHO.

The Blue slip is for motor vehicle ID and road worthiness inspections when a vehicle is imported from interstate or overseas or when NSW registration has lapsed for more than 3 months (I think)

I'm a bit slow .......... just read Tony's response, what he said!
Back to top Go down
VTwin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
VTwin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:31 am

You don't want to know what it is in germany... Shocked

Steak likes this post

Back to top Go down
PilotJet
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PilotJet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Moved the GRiSO to the back of the garage, hooked in the trickle charger and thru a cover over it. She's down for the winter .... again.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 am

Checked the oil. It has been sitting since Monday afternoon's return from Tuena. Exactly no oil consumed, or more likely, barely detectable oil consumption. 702km total.

Either the blow-by modification is working...or just luck.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Did a 60+ mile ride in 47F (8.33C) weather from my house to this location -Tybee Island Light House. Was beautiful down at the beach there and cloudy and crappy where I live all day.
It's Georgia's oldest and tallest Light House. Dates back to 1736 but had major updates in the mid 1800's.
Had my heated gear on................. Happy New Year to all.

garyclem and GunnerDLR like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:06 am

Did not really do anything with my GRiSO today, apart from finishing a video from last year of a trip to the Waitaki District late 2020 for a rally.  

Steak, Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:41 am

I burnt a cluster of petrolatum in the pursuit of happiness.

Result: Success!

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and GunnerDLR like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:11 pm

Replaced both plug leads, caps (with NGK SD05F) and plugs (with the Denso plugs i was supplied - U24 ETR).

All of a sudden throttle synchronisation worked Smile cheers cheers cheers cheers

So i did 90 miles of A roads - a bit chilly (2-3 degrees C) but really enjoyed it Smile
Bike was smooth and powerful off the line and powered nicely from 3 to 6,000 sunny

But it would not get up to 40mpg and a was bit lumpy around 2,500 to 3,000
So I pulled the plug one was shiney clean and the other dark biscuit colour................ so i better revisit the throttles when the weather warms

Just dicovered that every other website recommends Denso W20 EPR-U
i guess it would work better with the right plugs? flower
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Had to go to the 2-years technical check (TÜV). Lucky me, the weather was dry and 14 Degrees Celsius. GRiSO passed without any problems.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:23 pm

I'm running NGK PMR8B or NGK BPR6ES or equivalent (on 2009 1200 8V) & cross reference charts says both plugs you quoted are equivalent (and only 10% of the price).....did you balance cylinders & reset TPS ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:52 pm

It wouldn't be a BPR6ES, that's a 14mm thread plug. CR8EKB is what we use from memory.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Yes my bad Pete - BPR6ES are for 1100s
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't think it is running on one at all revs as on Sunday it was responding crisply and pulling 6,500 in top quite easily - and afterwards the rocker box temperatures were within 5 degrees (70ºc & 67ºc as i recall).

I can't really do running the bike up in the evening as the neighbours are nice, and close Smile
so on the weekend will go through the sequence again.

Paul thanks for confirming that the Denso plugs are the right range - My old plugs were NGK PMR8B like yours  as  per the manual - ( that is not a numbering convention that i had come across before - i expected something like CR8EKB).

Last edited by lcjohnny on Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:34 pm

I've not ridden/seen mine since last October. It's been in my mate's lock up whilst I've been moving house. I hope to pick it up next week and ride it the 5 or so miles to my new place.
On the plus side, I now have a 25 mile commute to my place of work. I can use the motorway, but when I ride the bike I've got a lovely route in with some decent twisties and well surfaced roads.
Looking forward to warmer weather!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next