GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:32 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I had a delivery today - this random bloke rocks up with a brand new bike for me - V85TT Travel. Boy is it tall - tippy toes for this short-arse. Platform shoes ordered on the inter-webby-thingy

I hope you enjoy it Tony. Thumbs Up

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:39 am

Thanks Pete, know it's not your cup of tea but I have al ulterior motive - when I move to Coonamble, there are LOT'S of dirt roads - when people visit, we might need to go off the bitumen a bit, for a ride - it's what we do.

Slab leads to the next town and not many corners. Already have a DT175 which will be a good run-around for town - the V85 for the back roads.

Mind you I am happy on my Sport on the dirt stuff - it's others that aren't. Call it a Ghetto service!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:08 am

Not this little black duck. GRiSO + beetle + dirt = √fuck_off

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:11 am

We have bitumen for that, Mark. Still some good rides if you want to do BIG loops on the black stuff. Not a lot of corners though.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:07 am

I like this idea:

Ride somewhere. Drink beer. Ride home.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Then drink copious amounts of beer when you get back

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I had a delivery today - this random bloke rocks up with a brand new bike for me - V85TT Travel. Boy is it tall - tippy toes for this short-arse. Platform shoes ordered on the inter-webby-thingy

I hope you enjoy it Tony. Thumbs Up

Well I know he loves wearing his high heels at cabals, so why wouldn't he enjoy his platform shoes?

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:53 pm

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:05 pm

That's the ones!
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:09 pm

Wow, a new bike for you, congrats. I was just reading an article on one raced in IT. Was on WG
I found it interesting they gutted most the electrics on it and the dash. Dropped the weight. Remapped and has high hp numbers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:18 pm

83 HP at the rear wheel IS impressive - originally it was (allegedly) 80 HP, presumably at the crank.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Sorry, don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:45 am

Road GRiSO over to Baxter cycle open house yesterday. Here are a few pictures from the bike show. GRiSO was a big hit. Lots of people looking and taking pictures. FAIK only 3 in the state.

JohnA, SMTCapeCod and Charles like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 pm

I helped the Universe get a bit further along towards maximum entropy. Squeezed some more electrons into GRiSO's battery. Can't do it by converting the liquified remains of ancient marine organisms into torque due to the lockdown, so I used electrons made from the burning of fossilised ancient marine organisms hundreds of kilometres away.

Hail Science! cheers

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi and moby like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:34 pm

Do you need a special purée ing device for the fossilised organism electrons to be crammed into the lithium storage device or will any old blender do the job?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Yes. Cool

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:08 am

Put an original silencer on the GRiSO (and Mark's map for that) and did about 80 miles solo then 70 miles two up.

It now has a tradional Guzzi waffling exhaust at tickover (which i like) Smile

The important bit is performance
It seems easier to rev and quicker off the mark - more sparky throttle response.
There is less engine vibration at low to high mid revs.
Top end seems fine - it pulled an easy 107 (GPS speed = 110 speedo) up an 8% motorway hill with two people sitting bolt upright.
Only downside is it drinks about 2% more than it did - like me jocolor

I have always loved the 1200 silencer - so theatrical !

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am

Interesting experiment Jon....I'm positive the Termi pipe gives a lot more vibration & that's with exactly the same map. But my OEM pipe is in the roof & despite all the positives (less need for ear plugs, less vibration, & happier neighbours & dogs (there's one dog locally that just goes bonkers with the Termi 'beat' & owner gets in fight to keep it under control)....the 60 year old hooligan stops me & keeps me smiling inside me Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:19 pm

Well today I got the Green Horror back after it's gearbox swap and remedial clean-up by Michael.

I'd been wondering whether I should of opted to put the Stelvio/GRiSO box with lower primaries in or just stick to the Sport box which has low primaries and the same five lower ratios and a higher top.

In the end I opted for the Sport box and I'm glad I did. It gives me significantly greater punch in the lower gears but due to the Sport 6th being higher top ratio is overall little different to the standard higher ratio box used on the GRiSO and Stelvio.

Edit. Just rechecked my numbers. Seems Sport 6th is the same ratio as GRiSO so the difference I thought I was feeling in top was imaginary. The whole box is lower ratio.

A quick gallop around my local loop induced mucho grinning. Mission accomplished!

Next job is to take the Tenni Shitter round to Michael for swingarm bearings and shock linkage greasing and a full service/tune then it can be buggered off back to Queensland to be registered again.

Last edited by Pete Roper on Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:38 pm

I'm gonna have to wait until at least mid September for my gearbox. Lockdown extended.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Well Michael has been going over my crashed out shitter. It's actually in remarkably good shape. Swingarm bearings and linkage were dry as a nun's nasty but hadn't rusted so they just needed repacking.

While we can't be sure as the dash was smashed he reckons if it's done more than 25,000 km it would be surprising. Not a bad buy really as I had most of the crap I needed to repair it just lying around. $5K for a low mileage GRiSO? In Oz that's a bargain!

Yeah, it's a pain it's going to have to go up to Queensland to be re-registered, especially as the borders are closed and will be for ages, but that's just the way it crumbles cookie-wise sometimes.
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 pm

I've done absolutely nothing with my GRiSO since the end of June. Its in Sydney for the lockdown and I'm trapped in the Shoalhaven LGA at Lake Conjola for the lockdown with my other bikes. When I say trapped, I don't really mean trapped, I mean perfectly happy 'cause I can go pretty much go anywhere in my LGA for a recreation ride as long as I go by myself and wear a mask when I get fuel. I really do miss my GRiSO though and very much looking forward to catching up with the all the NSW 'unusual suspects' for a Cabal if and when .........

Charles likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:50 am

Well, I didn't *Do* anything but I caved and spent a stupid sum of money on a Motodemic headlight.

Why? Well I want to give Mark his back before I break it and I can put the utterly shitty one I'm currently running on the new crashed munter and have a super groovy adaptive light on the soon to no longer be green horror. It's paint is now 12 years old and getting very scabby. Time for a change.

So what will it be??? Blue or yellow? Or maybe a mix of both......... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:30 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
Wow, a new bike for you, congrats. I was just reading an article on one raced in IT. Was on WG
I found it interesting they gutted most the electrics on it and the dash. Dropped the weight. Remapped and has high hp numbers.

I especially liked the high tech sat nav installed!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:04 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

So what will it be??? Blue or yellow? Or maybe a mix of both......... Twisted Evil

Pinko 2.0?

Don't turn your back on it or Michael will have it totally blacked out with black on black Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 39 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next