GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+93
rothbard
Evilgarfield
Oxpot
Bobcat Sig
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
Leone
LBC Tenni
Eire1400
Chris W
SMTCapeCod
Guzzi Two Shoes
VTwin
Weißgerät
PJPR01
lcjohnny
freewaystreak
BruPo
Spruce Goose
ssmith996
alanlemansiv
BowraBoy
Robinson_Spike
Kadonnut
Brian675
tazio
motor-timothy
bioman
Cantaloop
Clowell
Harald
Guzziholic
anguscameron1966
MrBob
Patlikestolean
garyclem
Cagefree
Stubbie
Florida lime
AlbertoS
Steak
GhostBullet
GuZeee
paulsgriso
stdunkel
vee2win
b3177h
Nobleswood
JohnA
Solojoe
kubbie
Joeker80
Clancy
rick pope
BB43215
YanksTT
GunnerDLR
waterbottle
Dilliw
V11
MalG
Bill Hagan
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
2highlander
diedel
antmanbee
Kernow
kiwi dave
wyno
guzziownr
Bulldog9
Pisano
PilotJet
McCarthy1983
ratso88
Guzzi Cat
knumbnutz
Merl3noir
Street
FrontRangeRider
bahamazoo
GHTE
Omnis
DeepSpace
GuzziSteve
burntclutch
Dave Swanson
The Dogfather
Pete Roper
paulbrice
Papa Lazarou
Richard
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:27 am

Well today, purely in the interests of research, I took the Green Horror into Queanbeyan. Being a scofflaw I travelled through the ACT and back into NSW! (Actually we are allowed to do this although we arent allowed to go into the ACT proper.)

Chilly but fun. I'm really liking the new gearing and slightly lighter clutch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:27 am

The green horror is looking good, Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:41 am

I've been riding the great chunk of shit since 2008. That's a bit under quarter of my riding life. I've never had a motorbike I felt so at home on. It's as if the company designed a bike specifically for me!

How lucky am I?

Sure I've improved it and made it better than factory for me but the basic package was, and still is, one of the most enjoyable 'Road' motorcycles ever built.

I won't resile from that opinion.

lcjohnny and SMTCapeCod like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:13 am

I concur.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 am

I must agree wholeheartedly with Mr Roper, although with the caveat that when I say that, I say it about the 1200 2V Sport.
I read a write up before I purchased mine where the journo said the only real gripe he had was that " its a long way to the handle bars"... which made me smile, as being 6'7", it's not really that far.
Which is the exact same reason that I don't (can't?) ride a GRiSO....
Sure, it maybe doesn't have quite the hp, or the same muscular presence, but it shares lineage and that glorious radial configuration that came from behind the big red door at the Mandello shed.
The Sport suits me just fine. It also reigns in the category of 'Forever Bike'.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Well, to be fair Pat, Mr Roper has just Sportised his GRiSO - Beetle has the same intent.

Between the two, they are mighty fine bikes.
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:05 pm

I've had Gertie since 2013 and put 90,000km on her. Guzzis can certainly be character building but they are a standout, stand alone bike. I'm looking forward to collecting Gertie from Pete Roper God knows when in in the future (he and Michael have basically done a most-of-engine rebuild courtesy of pitted valves and a failing throttle body) but he is 9hrs drive from me with many Petri dishes of COVID in between. But all will be forgiven when I collect her for the ride back up to the Mid North Coast. Just love the feel of being on a live beast. Had a Honda ST1300 at one stage: a very capable bike but all the character of a used prophylactic!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Well, to be fair Pat, Mr Roper has just Sportised his GRiSO - Beetle has the same intent.

Mine will be a GRiSO/Norge hybrid.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:26 pm

Well, Michael, having finished going through the swingarm bearings and shock linkage on the Crashed Shitter has embarked on the Service/Tune.

Now having had a chance to look at all of its bits and bobs he reckons it's probably only done 20-25,000km! At some point it was rollerised by someone who didn't really know what they were doing but no damage seems to have been done. Valves were all a bit tight and it had w-a-y too much oil in but otherwise it seemed OK. One thing I had noticed was that the throttle stop screw had been moved. Perhaps when the Power Commander was added, (The PC subsequent went tits up.) or when it was remapped in Queensland. No matter, but after I'd stuck the No dBk map in it it ran OK but idle was low and it didn't respond to the stepper input.

Michael threw the full weight of his OCD at it and found that if you pulled the stepper hose off the airbox it would idle perfectly at 1250. Cap the hose with your thumb? The engine would die! Plug the hose back on to the box and the idle became fluffy, erratic and it needed to warm up before it would hold idle without throttle input.

Thinking it might be due to the map as the only 'No dBk' map is for the Hi-Pipe we flung the standard Lo-Pipe map in it but the problem persisted. Now Michael's eyesight is obviously better than mine as he had a really good squizz at the paint on the screw and ascertained that there was a pretty clearly defined crack in it between the bit that was stuck to the screw and the splodge on the mounting nut. A few minutes of very delicate adjustments, (Keeping note of the changes of throttle plate angle just in case.) and a TPS reset enabled the baseline to be re-established. Apparently it only took about 120* or a third of a turn but the result was success! Clean, steady idle at 1,250 rpm, good response to the stepper and crisp pick-up with no 'Chuffing' at idle.

Excellent! Bullet dodged! It's now got the no dBk map back in and I'll have to take it for a short gallop tomorrow but I think it's pretty much ready to go up to Queensland to get re-registered. Oh! It needs the risers putting on of course and some dropped pegs. A few things to do yet........

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:47 pm

OCD is good then, Pete?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:22 am

Oh yes!

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:18 pm

I have managed to retrieve my GRiSO from Sydney and it is now re-acquainting itself with the other misfits. It sure is nice to have it back ........... I think I'm emotionally attached

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Nice Collection Gary - you must be busy keeping them all out and about! One could do worse...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:40 pm

Permission to come over after lockdown and lick your Suzuki's?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm

beetle wrote:

Permission to come over after lockdown and lick your Suzuki's?

..... permission granted, it'll be great to see ya
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Nice Collection Gary - you must be busy keeping them all out and about! One could do worse...

thanks Tony ........... they do keep me busy, are all pretty much sorted and ride each of em at least once a week. Although, the Suzuki GS1000S's starter motor is a little tired and needs some attention sooner rather than later. The 1992 Triumph Daytona 1000 is the quickest and best handling. The Tenni GRiSO has the most grin factor, the most character and (IMHO) one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made.

The little Yammie 200 is an example of my very first bike back in 1972 which cost me $399 ride away ..... then, I was an apprentice earning about $2600 a year and had to get a loan for $300 to pay for it. The 1982 Katana 750 is a JCW Racing Team replica. Suzuki Australia released 30 of these yellow certified replicas after winning a 750 production endurance race at Oran Park in February 1982. My bike is #21 which I bought as pretty much a basket case in 2016. I will never disclose how much the restoration has cost but hope that my bride doesn't sell it for what I told her it has cost me when I 'fall off the perch'.

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oz1200Guzzi and GunnerDLR like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40