GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bar end weights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 am

Managed to lose a weight off one side of the bar without realizing it, only noticed it when I thought my left mirror is shaking a bit but the right one is clear as a bell.....🤔

Does it matter which weights I buy? Any recommendations for uk source or just go with whatever is cheap on fleabay?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Look for the heaviest ones that will fit.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Heavier = more damping, less vibes, but there is a point where too much weight changes the dynamics to the point where you introduce other frequencies. Get the right ones.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Factory 1200 ones are 200 grams.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:59 pm

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Ditchfinder wrote:
Managed to lose a weight off one side of the bar without realizing it, only noticed it when I thought my left mirror is shaking a bit but the right one is clear as a bell.....🤔

Does it matter which weights I buy? Any recommendations for uk source or just go with whatever is cheap on fleabay?

Cheers

I recommend the OEM weights. They are cheaper than many aftermarket ones, and of course fit correctly.

For about double the weight, get the Breva 1100 units, also cheap from Guzzi. They are about twice as long, and weigh 390 grams each on my kitchen scales. (They really helped reduce vibration on my Italjet.)

Moto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bar end weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar end weights   Bar end weights Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bar end weights
Page 1 of 1