GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lash, balance, TPS then map?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

Lash, balance, TPS then map? Empty
PostSubject: Lash, balance, TPS then map?   Lash, balance, TPS then map? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:04 am

So cables have arrived, vacuum gauge on order, should be here this week, it's raining and I've almost got my head round all of the tutorials.

Now can someone just confirm that I'm doing things in the correct order if I do in the order as per thread title?

Also anything else I'm missing other than linkage grease which will be tackled once I've come up with a cunning way to modify my abba stand?
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Lash, balance, TPS then map?   Lash, balance, TPS then map? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:48 am

Do you mean 'new' map ?. Personally I'd change the map before doing the balance & the TPS as map will change the engine 'harmonics/dynamics' (bullshit words alert !). Would also check the throttle adjustment before balance just to make sure that's in the right ballpark.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Lash, balance, TPS then map?   Lash, balance, TPS then map? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Valves first, then balance and TPS reset. When the map is loaded doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Lash, balance, TPS then map?   Lash, balance, TPS then map? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Cheers both, I'm going to go with Pete's suggested order once I've found my set of feeler gauges, which will probably be after I have given up looking and ordered a new set 🙄
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lash, balance, TPS then map?   Lash, balance, TPS then map? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lash, balance, TPS then map?
Page 1 of 1