GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Eh up! New owner in London..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

Eh up! New owner in London.. Empty
PostSubject: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:44 am

Hi everybody! New GRiSO v8 owner in West London.. I am a 50 year old designer bloke who has had quite a few bikes over years, from a Vmax to KMX 200. Although I live in the UK I spend a lot of time in Spain where I ride the fantastic empty roads. Fancied something a bit bigger than my current bike and chose the GRiSO because of its looks to be honest. Just had my first long ride and here are my thoughts.. solid and heavy engine that could pull a caravan.. handling and brakes excellent.. riding position, interesting.. it's going to take me a while to get used to it.. clutch, very heavy.. it's going to take me a while building up my left hand fingers to get used to it!!! But very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to taking it down to Spain next year.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 am

What year model?

Welcome.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 am

GRiSO v8 1200, first registered 2008 low mileage 4500..
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Rinkadink! You'll be asked about rollerization any moment now.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:45 pm

I have the paperwork, it was all done a while ago..
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Good to hear. Enjoy the bike and please post pictures.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:59 pm

All standard apart from windshield, rack and heated grips..
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Very nice!

Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:15 pm

My bike in Spain, a Royal Enfield 500 trail bike..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 pm

When you say you 'Have the paperwork'. What exactly does this paperwork say?

The thing is there was a recall very early on where the original cast iron flat tappets were changed to the forged steel with DLC coating flat tappets. This is NOT a cure for flat tappet failure!

I strongly suggest you pop off a rocker cover and take a peek. If you aren't sure what you're looking at? Post some pictures up here and we can tell you for certain if the bike has been rollerised or not.

The early 8V's did have a very heavy clutch. They also had a map that was the absolute pits!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

The warranty work was carried out in 2017, but like you say may be a good idea to double check.. will take a photo and post it etc. The paperwork says " labour to remove tank, panels etc, remove cams from cylinders, photo evidence to warrant latest type roller rocker cam kit, fit new units, adjust clearances etc... Strip bike and remove engine and drive train etc. Remove clutch, remove bearing flange, cleanup all surfaces and make good, refit new type flange kit, fit clutch, gearbox, drive train and engine to bike...
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:39 pm

That RE is just the thing for the unpaved roads and relaxed holiday riding. But then, I'm biased. Well done. A man of taste & class, if not distinction.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Rinkadink wrote:
The warranty work was carried out in 2017, but like you say may be a good idea to double check.. will take a photo and post it etc. The paperwork says " labour to remove tank, panels etc, remove cams from cylinders, photo evidence to warrant latest type roller rocker cam kit, fit new units, adjust clearances etc... Strip bike and remove engine and drive train etc. Remove clutch, remove bearing flange, cleanup all surfaces and make good, refit new type flange kit, fit clutch, gearbox, drive train and engine to bike...

That sounds very positive. The leaky flange was also an issue with early models. I hope they knew not to use a gasket and adjust the oil delivery dowel and use shorter bolts in the two lower flange holes too. If they didn't it will start to leak again. If it does, (And I sincerely hope it doesn't.) get the clutch replaced with the latest type as used in the Cali 1400. It has a much lighter pull.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 am

Thanks Pete for the info. Must admit it's a bit over my head, but I have the Tel of the lads that did the work.. the clutch.. well, I will perceiver for the moment being a tight norther...
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:44 am

Thanks MalG, yes there are hundreds of green roads all over southern Spain (old unused roads originally for the olive trees) some quite ancient.. it's a great country for a motorcycle..
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:46 pm

For the clutch, if it becomes an issue due to the heavy action on the lever, a radial master cylinder will ease the pain a lot.
My first GRiSO was an 09 and it was a bitch in traffic with that heavy clutch...unfortunately, I wrecked it before I had the chance to do anything about it and rollerize it...
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 am

Hi grisonut, have started doing my daily excercises and my left hand is getting better, in a month I reckon it should be there.. also adapting my riding style by finding neutral a lot more, rather than holding in the clutch.. can't see my bike ever being "happy" driving through city traffic however..
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Oh man, I never sit in traffic with the clutch engaged...a no-no in my book. I always put it in neutral.
Also, a well sorted GRiSO (suspension tweak and beetle map) is actually happy in city traffic.
Still a heavy bike but it can be smooth...
Back to top Go down
Rinkadink
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Rinkadink

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 am

Finding neutral can be somewhat of a lengthy process with some of my old bikes.... Very lengthy..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eh up! New owner in London..   Eh up! New owner in London.. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Eh up! New owner in London..
Page 1 of 1