GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The story so far

Go down 
+3
poon
Papa Lazarou
Kernow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 am

After seven months of the GRiSO a few thoughts. Its my fourth Guzzi after a T3, Spada and a 1100 Sport and for me the most rounded. Although the brand feel from the 78 T3 is there and who would can deny its part of the charm of this wonderful Italian love affair.
I have managed...… with the help of this forum……. to make the most of the stock suspension which although not perfect will suffice given the poor state of some of the roads I use.
The gear change has improved immensely with a change of hydraulic fluid and a fettle of the lever action.
Handlebars, well I must have been through half a dozen sets and now have the swap time down to minutes. The original bars were too wide/forward for me, I tried the risers that came with the bike but still not right. Next came various and cheap bars but all had the locked forward with too little bend making my wrists too straight. Not too bad when pressing on but not any option to sit back and cruise. I tried a set of Renthal 819 Fatbars but again the angles were wrong. But finally a set of LSL XB3 Tour bars hit the spot, these are perfect for me giving me options to be able to push on or sit back and take in the scenery.
So there we are as the Autumn closes in and the rides become less its the start of a wonderful relationship with many more seasons to come.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:17 pm

That egg shell blue colour made me fall in love with these bikes (plus the bike of course). You may also have solved my handlebar search
Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:21 am

Papa Lazarou wrote:
That egg shell blue colour made me fall in love with these bikes (plus the bike of course). You may also have solved my handlebar search

If you do order a set of LSL bars do not be too surprised when you open the box. When I did the bars looked weird, like a set of cow horns that would never suit my bike. Luckily I decided to fit them and to my surprise they are perfect, so don,t be put off by the first look.
Back to top Go down
poon
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
poon

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:31 am

I have been looking for a new bar for my GRiSO, but when I check the spec for the LSL you mention, then it seems like pretty much the same as the original ones. Height 85mm and width 780mm.
Back to top Go down
Merl3noir
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Merl3noir

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 pm

I have been debating with myself long and hard about the handle bars. Although probably a little different reasons. I'm More accustomed to 600cc sport bikes, with clip ons. So I agree that the bars feel way to wide. But I think clip ons would make it too heavy to turn, it's not a sport bike after all. I especially notice the width if I get down into a tuck. In a normal riding position though I am becoming used to the wide bars so I'll likely keep them. For me the height is pretty good. Maybe ever so slightly too high, but not worth changing out. I can easily image chasing your tail to find just the right fit. Different body sizes, riding styles, and what does or does not feel comfortable to someone.
Back to top Go down
Kernow
Carlotto
Carlotto
Kernow

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 pm

poon wrote:
I have been looking for a new bar for my GRiSO, but when I check the spec for the LSL you mention, then it seems like pretty much the same as the original ones. Height 85mm and width 780mm.

Those figures may be similar to the stock bars but the pull back/depth, is much greater, 200mm quoted and this changes the riding position greatly. I am no longer pulled forward in a, for me at least, locked position, I can move for and aft with a choice of positions to suit my speed. As with all bars what suits one of us might well be alien to others but these bars do change my position greatly.
Back to top Go down
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 am

I have Rizoma #MA0068 on mine.
Back to top Go down
wrrhen
Carlotto
Carlotto
wrrhen

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Kernow wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

If you do order a set of LSL bars do not be too surprised when you open the box. When I did the bars looked weird, like a set of cow horns that would never suit my bike. Luckily I decided to fit them and to my surprise they are perfect, so don,t be put off by the first look.

So I got a set of these LSL tour  bars and went to install them but the throttle cables and the brake line are too short. What did you do, reroute the cable and line or get longer ones?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:00 pm

I just this week installed longer brake lines. Instead of the stock "Y" line, I now have two individual lines. I had them made up while I was putting on a new front tire, at a buddy's shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The story so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story so far   The story so far Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The story so far
Page 1 of 1