GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Winter Solstice.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Winter Solstice..... Empty
PostSubject: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:40 pm

What with it being the shortest day of the year and all I thought I should take advantage of the bright sunshine and go for a little midwinter flog. It was cool when I set off only about 6*C but Gerbings jacket and gloves and a pair of thermal undies meant this is no longer an issue for my poor old tired, decaying bod.

I nipped in to Canberra to see if I could find one of my feckless sons, either one, didn't matter. No joy there the older one spent yesterday evening at an old people's home run by the Finnish community reciting poetry to little-old-people in Finnish Shocked He's a natural polyglot and now speaks several languages quite well, Finnish just being the latest. I'll bet he's still in bed with a hangover, I'm sure even little-old Finns still get stuck into the Vodka! Laughing . The other one was probably recovering from some Death Metal gig he attended with his Vegan mates.....

Having had no luck with being sociable I just took a 100km run out through Gundaroo to Gunning and then back via Collector and the back road around Lake George. The weather was stunning, clear, crisp very little wind and thankfully very little traffic. It really was a glorious winters day.

The GRiSO ran faultlessly, I wasn't hammering it, I just wasn't in the mood so I trolled along at between 110-130 sniffing the flowers and admiring the scenery. It sipped fuel at its now usual frugal rate and despatched what traffic I did encounter with a simple twist of the wrist. It really was a nice ride.

Now its back home and time to prepare to go to the pub to watch the Eels game this afternoon and roast beef for supper! After the crap week I had last week I hope that the next one will be a good one. Its at least had a very pleasant start!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Go Storm!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Fuck the Storm! Bunch of drug-fucked losers! tongue 

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:01 am

Double fuck them! Bunch of salary-cap cheating, drug fucked bastards! I spit on their smug mid field defence, pathetic begging for penalties and overall assholiness!

Eels forever! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:12 am

cheers 

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:25 am

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:07 am

So from that I now know that Peter will never ever like the Storm. Smile
Any way you had a great ride.

Harry 
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Ah Pete, I know all those roads well from when I used to live at Murrumbateman back in the late '80s, and I don't suppose they would have changed much. The winter solstice up here is generally celebrated by much drumming and tribal dancing around fire pits; fun, but I'd rather ride. Yesterday got out to stretch the G's legs in a leisurely fashion much as you have described, only the best part was the temp being about 22 C - sheer blisss. Very Happy 

Can't say i'm too much of an NRL fan these days. The game has been ruined and I now call it Maca's football - bland and unsatisfying. However, i did enjoy watching the young wallabies put Les Bleus to the sword - for the third time - on Saturday arvo. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:48 pm

Plantboy
The game has been ruined and I now call it Maca's football - bland and unsatisfying.
+1 on that.

Harry
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Must have been the day for it, I found a spare hour for a lap of the nasho, also seems have been blitz day in the shire, 4 cops and a camera car...Had just passed a car coming up the hill at Waterfall to then see a cop hiding behind the old park entry booth, lucky for me he already had a customer...

Starting to find the love again with the GRiSO after the bitch spat me off last year, the recent drop of the forks through the triple clamps has helped a bit, it doesn't want to stand up under breaking .

as far as the NRL thing , I have watched one game this year , my 6 year old boy wanted to see the Sharks they won, thats enough footy for me...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I loves me footy. Yes, the NRL is not the same as it used to be. Bring back the biff!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:53 pm

I never really cared for footy but over the last couple of years I've become so disgusted by most things in the world that footy seems like a harmless escape from reality. Seeing two teams of oafs running up and Dow a field with an inflated pigs bladder and occasionally stopping to pull each other's trousers down is essentially pretty harmless.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Solstice.....   Winter Solstice..... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Winter Solstice.....
Page 1 of 1