GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

AF1 GRiSO Video

Go down 
+10
beetle
The Motopologist
BB43215
Bobcat Sig
janguzzi
rick pope
Pete Roper
ratso88
Street
JohnA
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:39 am

Please forgive me if this was posted before. First time I've seen it. Ran across it on the AF1 site.

"Moto Guzzi GRiSO is the perfect gentleman's sportbike"
Rider takes you around the Austin Hill country roads some besides evaluation of the GRiSO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Ack, pipe wrap!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:36 pm

and . . . NO gloves Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:30 pm

I stopped watching at 'Twin cradle frame'. The man is an idiot.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Gee, we have a "differential"? Who knew?

I was fortunate enough to ride the Texas Hill Country with my GRiSO in February. What wonderful roads. The GRiSO made me smile......
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:23 am

Quote :
'Twin cradle frame'. The man is an idiot.
... a bit harsh Pete.
I am glad for every positive GRiSO review on YouTube to show Piaggio that they made a big mistake not producing this great motorcycle anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Why is it harsh? The GRiSO uses a steel perimeter frame. It doesn't even have downtubes in the accepted sense and it certainly doesn't have a 'Cradle'. Then there was all that talk about 'Differentials' and the like. What do you differentiate between on a single track vehicle? Sorry, I stick by my assessment.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Why is it harsh? The GRiSO uses a steel perimeter frame. It doesn't even have downtubes in the accepted sense and it certainly doesn't have a 'Cradle'. Then there was all that talk about 'Differentials' and the like. What do you differentiate between on a single track vehicle? Sorry, I stick by my assessment.
I'm with Pete on this. I stumbled across that video recently and could not get all the way through it. So many incorrect statements.

While I do appreciate the dudebro trying to say good things about the GRiSO, it seems like he's trying to fluff up his motovlog or channel. He needs much more practice.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Okay guys you are right. Very Happy "Dudebro" ... Laughing
So teach him in the comments section.

Maybe I should have turned on the audio before giving him a positive comment.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:41 am

I don't have enough life to waste.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:19 am

My apologies for posting.....no more hipsters and pipe wrap, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:26 am

Knock yerself out! We all love taking the piss!
Back to top Go down
BB43215
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BB43215

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 am

Here's another video that was just posted today. Full specs and it also states that it has a "High tensile steel tubular twin cradle frame" so it must be true.

They also say in the description that it falls into the Café racer category.

This is only part 1. Part 2 will have a full ride review. can't wait for that. Shocked

Back to top Go down
https://columbuscraftcocktailtour.com
Bobcat Sig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bobcat Sig

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:02 am

Eh... yah. These two videos are really just content fillers to bolster the channel owner's content. it's all a bit hollow if you will.

I guess the upside is that there's more exposure for the GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
The Motopologist
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
The Motopologist

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am

Whoa, there are the negative comments I expected to see on YouTube all conveniently located right here! Hey Pete! your reputation precedes you quite well.

So let me preface this with this is my 2nd video and getting behind the camera can be a little weird and at times i might use a different terminology. I'm still working on microphone placement and camera settings.

As per the words that sent Roper into a tantrum - Guzzi's own website calls it a "tubular steel twin cradle frame" (per forum rules i have to wait 7 days before posting an external link). I based my knowledge off their website, which may or may not be a poor translation as we've all seen in the parts diagrams. Secondly the technical service documents can be confusing and call the CARC a "Transmission" and the transmission a "gearbox". I use the term rear differential (albeit mechanically incorrect) as its an easier term that non motorcyclist can relate to (the people we are trying to get to ride to begin with)

Bobcat - I'm always up for creative criticism, what more would you have liked to have seen? I'm trying to keep it simple for the non-motorcyclist to have a chance to watch without googling every other term.  On the video side I try to shoot for neighborhood, highway and hill country rides (cornering) as that's where the bikes were intended for. I have plans to do more 3rd party views as well.

ATGATT - That one scene was on me. I film solo and had just put everything away (including gloves) and was heading back towards the house.

DudeBro and Hipster? It was the skinny jeans and backwards hat, wasn't it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy welcome to the forum. Don´t take als those comments too serious we are just a bunch of grumpy old men here.
Back to top Go down
The Motopologist
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
The Motopologist

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:12 pm

I had a good laugh at all of it, most of the guys have bought parts from me directly and the few I've met have all been great to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Words, especially technical terminology, matter.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Someone got dobbed in?

I can't abide. So, a brief lesson in motorcycle frame terminology.

This is a double cradle frame:

This is a perimeter frame:

This is a GRiSO frame:

The GRiSO has a perimeter frame.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:56 pm

A differential is a gear train with three shafts that has the property that the rotational speed of one shaft is the average of the speeds of the others, or a fixed multiple of that average.

The thing that turns the rear wheel on a Guzzi is a bevel gear transmission.

In GRiSO we trust!

freewaystreak likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Me? Anal?

All the livelong day.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 pm

I was just digging up a couple of similar pics, you beat me to it.

Look, I'm sorry if the video maker got upset but the fact is a lot of what he said in the first couple of minutes was wildly inaccurate. That annoys me.

Pete
Back to top Go down
The Motopologist
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
The Motopologist

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Beetle - You have a lot of internet correcting to do as Moto Guzzi labeled the bike to have a "tubular steel twin cradle frame connected to a single-sided aluminium rear swingarm" and is used pretty much in every publication based off that including my review.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 pm

As one of the initial critics, I'll chime in and state that the video was shot in a part of the world with fantastic roads. Some credibility points scored for that.

That said, failure to notice such obvious flaws in MG's literature is a sign that there may be other inaccuracies as well.

BTW, welcome.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 pm

The Motopologist wrote:
Beetle - You have a lot of internet correcting to do as Moto Guzzi labeled the bike to have a "tubular steel twin cradle frame connected to a single-sided aluminium rear swingarm" and is used pretty much in every publication based off that including my review.

Just because the Piaggio publicity department says something doesn't mean it's right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AF1 GRiSO Video Empty
PostSubject: Re: AF1 GRiSO Video   AF1 GRiSO Video Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

AF1 GRiSO Video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next