12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PunkScout
Carlotto
Carlotto
PunkScout

Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses? Empty
PostSubject: Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses?   Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm

So I have some oil leaks on the GRiSO.   I'm pretty sure it's coming off the breather tubes on both sized of the motor.   I park in a structure, so the lights not great - but I put a flashlight to the task and  it looks like those breather tubes what go to the airbox   from the top of hte cylinder heads there near the  throttle bodies are both split and I can see oil drip from one of them, lot of oil smear on the jugs in that vicinity.   I guess my question is - anyone have experience with that?  I wouldnt think I'd get enough oil blowby in the motor for that to even be a thing.  Could I possibly be misdiagnosing this?

This is the best picture I could get, but you can see a drip of oil there right where the hose connects to the motor by the little steel hoseclamp. Hose seems to be split several places as well.  Funny enough, this is on both sides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses?   Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses? Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Yes, it's very common. Unfortunately the hoses are crap and being pre formed I haven't been able to devise a decent alternative, (Although others have.) and the hoses aren't cheap. We do a lot of hoses so I try to always have a few sets in stock.

When doing the hoses it's also worth replacing the 'Condom' on the large, unused, spigot on the condensor box as well as they too are prone to splitting.

A lot of oily air goes through those hoses. They'll drip like a mo-fo if split.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Oil leaks, possibly breather hoses?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: