GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Smells like Teen Spirit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Smells like Teen Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:11 pm

I have been struggling with a rich fuel smell every time I put my bike in the garage. It has always been too rich, as indicated by the black in the exhaust and the colour of the spark plugs. On the weekend I just moved the old girl and got the fuel smell - which didn't go down well upstairs (my garage is below the main lounge room). I didn't start it, just pushed her around.

What do others think the problem is here? I suspect a vent hose, or routing, or something like that...

Maybe I need a 'merican canister?
Back to top Go down
wrinkley
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
wrinkley

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 pm

I had an 1100 Breva that always smelt of fuel when you entered the workshop. I never did get to the bottom of it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:28 pm

My GRiSO had a leak where the electrical lines are routed from the pump out of the tank. Only a drop every now and then but it was enough to become a sneafer. Uhu+ helped to fix the leak.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:16 pm

beetle wrote:
Doesn't say it's for motorbikes... But

I think I have an overflow or drain blockage - hell the bike's 12 years old - I've never checked any of this stuff before, I just "assume" it all works. Need workshop time.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:25 pm

wrinkley wrote:
I had an 1100 Breva that always smelt of fuel when you entered the workshop. I never did get to the bottom of it.

As they are exactly the same tank and "breather" system, it might be the same old chestnut. Talk about groundhogs!
Back to top Go down
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:51 am

Hi Tony,
Maybe the air filter needs changing?
Give it a whirl....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Snot the air filter, it's been on a regular change programme ever since. This happens when I move the bike, not start it, though starting it also causes the smell too, but that because of something different - rich mixture (Chinese Injectors - no, don't go there).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smells like Teen Spirit   Smells like Teen Spirit Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Smells like Teen Spirit
Page 1 of 1