GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

One more cam pic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:02 am

For anyone still on the fence about rollerizing, this is from an 09 GRiSO with just 5700 miles on it. The job is going ok so far.
Doug[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Whip the weir off and take a squizz at the tappets themselves. It won't be good.
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm

The tappets are less alarming. By the way, what are the specifics of the intake valve retainer keepers? One went sailing.
Doug[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Sorry? I think what you call keepers we would call the collets? The small, tapered retainers that keep the valve spring caps from popping off the valve stem?

By 'Specifics' do you mean what are their precise dimensions? I have no idea to be honest, I've never bothered measuring them. I've had a couple escape but I've always managed to find them again but having had a few blow-ups we have spares. I'd send you one but the cost would be silly.

285846 is their part #
Back to top Go down
DougMc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
DougMc

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 am

Thanks Pete,
I'd been through the AF1 site already but would not have found that "collet" without the part number.
Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One more cam pic Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more cam pic   One more cam pic Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

One more cam pic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: