GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Threebond or Permatex

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

Threebond or Permatex Empty
PostSubject: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Hello all!
So I have a slight weep at my phase sensor and I know folks here have mentioned using Threebond 1211 gasket goo for a number of applications however I was curious if anyone can tell me which Permatex product is equivalent? I can find the Permatex stuff everywhere around me in small sizes and for cheap compared to having to order 3.5 oz tube of Threebond for like $20 USD. From what I can tell off their web site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the "Optimum Grey" seems to be suitable for this application : "Specially formulated to withstand high vibration and high temperatures up to 700°F." Given that this is just to seal up the phase sensor does it even really matter or will any gasket maker do?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Let us know if the alternative you choose works.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm

I've used Permatex® Aviation Form-A-Gasket® No. 3 Sealant on every motorcycle and car I've ever owned.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 pm

beetle wrote:

I've used Permatex® Aviation Form-A-Gasket® No. 3 Sealant on every motorcycle and car I've ever owned.

And I've used Threebond with no problems.  Years before, it was Rolls Royce jointing compound that was the choice.  I doubt Rolls Royce made the stuff, just allowed the use of their name for some coin.  But it was fine too.

Perhaps we are about to start a favourite gasket goo thread?  Better than a tyre or oil thread, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:56 pm

I've had Permatex 'Form-A-Gasket' Sealant (#80016?) on my phase sensor for over a year now.
clicky
used it repeatedly - when I've removed and refitted various bits.
no complaints or follow up leaks.

just take care with that phase sensor o-ring. it's circular, the groove in the housing is not scratch

+1 to the 'slippery and sticky... how do you do it?' thread could be a winner....

Last edited by bahamazoo on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:33 pm

I'm a fan of their anaerobic gasket maker #51813
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Threebond or Permatex   Threebond or Permatex Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Threebond or Permatex
Page 1 of 1