GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tidying up standard exhaust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

Tidying up standard exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Standard exhaust,painted satin black high temp paint, packed closer to the rear wheel, carbon skin on small shield.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 am

I like it...looks good.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Agreed. Did you just mask off the Guzzi script? Well done!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 pm

I like it too...
Back to top Go down
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:33 pm

The stainless steel needs to be lightly sand blasted to remove the surface oxidation.
You can then mask the script. Prime and paint with high temp paint. Remove the masking and you have the script in the stainless finish. You need to cut the inscribed lines of the script to stop the paint pulling off. It only cures as it gets above 175 degrees.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Nice job on the exhaust, Evans, that looks very nice. Personally I would have left the starter cover alone though, looks better to me in the matte black like the exhaust, but who am I to criticize. Nice work!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Evans
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Evans

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 am

Yes when I saw the photo I felt that the carbon parts were too shiny. I've resprayed them with a clear satin finish and they fit much better with the satin finished muffler now.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:03 am

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tidying up standard exhaust   Tidying up standard exhaust Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tidying up standard exhaust
Page 1 of 1