GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Performance Improvements that aren't

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Performance Improvements that aren't Empty
PostSubject: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:39 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:48 am

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:55 am

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:58 am

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:06 am

Yeah? And? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks Beetle for telling us about the Snake Oil.

Can you tell us what does really work and how much the parts help increase power ?

I am needing to mod a stock 2013 1200 8V SE.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:01 am

Getting much more outright power from the 8V is difficult. It is limited by its camming and side draft head design. A stock 8V, any of them basically, makes 96 RWHP on the dyno that I use at 800 meters altitude on a mid twenties *C day.

With a decent pipe and map you will get 'About a hundred'. Highest I ever saw was early in the piece running the 68S map and a stupid open pipe when I got told it was making 104 but I don't think it was.

The main thing you can improve is the torque curve. Map it right, with the right pipe and you will have a glorious, liquid, torque beast that will pull cleanly from 2,000 to wherever you set the rev limiter although there are diminishing returns after 8,500.

If you want something more powerful? Buy a Tuono! It's not the same though.......
Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks Pete.

I want to peak my new to me 2013 stock 8V SE. I just had the exhaust off for welding repair of the mid pipe hanger. While it was apart I gave the welder the muffler and had him remove the cat element. Other than that she is stock. Should I keep the stock muffler or get a stainless conical Mistral ? Also I have a PCV on the shelf in garage. Is it worth installing and having a dyno tune ? Or is a tune from you or Beetle just as good or better ?

Thanks, Bill.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:25 am

1. Replace stock muffler with Mistral Hi-Pipe
2. Replace stock headers with Arrow Ti headers
3. Remap to suit Mistral
4. Set valves correctly and balance the throttle bodies.
5. Get about 96 real RWHP and fabulous low/midrange torque (exaggerating dyno not required)
6. Pull down small buildings with GRiSO.

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am

Bill Dee wrote:
Thanks Pete.  

I want to peak my new to me 2013 stock 8V SE.  I just had the exhaust off for welding repair of the mid pipe hanger.  While it was apart I gave the welder the muffler and had him remove the cat element.  Other than that she is stock.  Should I keep the stock muffler or get a stainless conical Mistral ?  Also I have a PCV on the shelf in garage.  Is it worth installing and having a dyno tune ?  Or is a tune from you or Beetle just as good or better ?  

Thanks,  Bill.

Bill? What did you hope to achieve by removing the cat? I can tell you it was NOTHING. While my GRiSO wears a cat-less Mistral I'd be quite happy if they had crammed one in and it was flow effective.

This seeming desire to exempt  *Our* hobby from sensible rules that apply to all other vehicles strikes me as *Special* thinking and not in a good way.

The idea that for your bike to be fun it has to be a dirty, planet destroying, piece of shit is short sighted and based on 'Fake News'.

Yes there are arguments that can be made about the mining and use of some of the elements and materials used in producing cat-cons but that argument is essentially specious as the IC engine is a dead technology walking.

By all means maximise your performance bt re-mapping and fitting a pipe 'sans cat' but don't play the card that deleting it will suddenly free up a bunch of strangled energy that can transfer to the rear wheel. It won't.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance Improvements that aren't   Performance Improvements that aren't Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Performance Improvements that aren't
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: