GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Introducing myself

Go down 
+4
Street
Bill Hagan
Pete Roper
Denzis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Denzis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Denzis

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:55 am

Hi !

My name is Dennis and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm probably one of the youngest GRiSO riders over here (28) and I'm a proud owner of a 1200 GRiSO from '09 since 6 months. Before I had a 1200 sport so i'm fairly known with the Guzzí's.

I'm currently freshing my GRiSO up with a new paint job and accesoires. The GRiSO is original delivered in the UK and was imported to the netherlands in 2019. Originally it was a white bike but now, i'm going for a normal black version.

As soon I have pictures I will post them of course.

Dennis
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:05 am

Has it been rollerised?
Back to top Go down
Denzis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Denzis

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Pete,

Yes according to the history IT has been rollerised
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Have you confirmed that? There was a recall on the early bikes but that was only to swap from chilled cast iron tappets to forged steel ones. They both fail.

Pop a rocker cover and look. It takes five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 am

Good morning and welcome from the top of Virginia!

Doe wat Pete aanbeveelt!

Best wishes,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:07 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Dennis!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Denzis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Denzis

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:32 am

Thanks you all!

It is clearly stated in the maintenance history that is it had the update (including receipts) but I will check anyway because I wanted to polish the bolt heads anyway.

I've checked it before on my 2011 Sport 1200 but I don't remember how you can recognize it (selective memory I guess). Does anybody has a quick link?

I'm really glad with this forum because I'm really inspired regarding maintenance and tuning and tidying up the bike.

A small list with the mods for now

- Painted it black
- Changing the Guzzi Logo's to black
- Repainted a part of the engine (because the paint was in bad condition)
- Placing a Flyscreen (Dart Piranha)
- New mirrors
- New Bar end mirros
- Plastidipping the chrome headlight bezel and dashboard chrome parts
- Mistral exhaust
- New seat cover (from Greece)
- New turn signals
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Denzis wrote:
Does anybody has a quick link?

Here you go:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Denzis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Denzis

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks! I remember this topic but somehow couldnt find it
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Denzis wrote:

I've checked it before on my 2011 Sport 1200 but I don't remember how you can recognize it (selective memory I guess).

My understanding is that none of the 8-valve 1200 Sports came out with rollers. It could have done already, but you should certainly check it.
Back to top Go down
Denzis
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Denzis

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:32 am

I've checked it, and it has the roller tappets! Smile

I did notice some sludge in the top cilinderhead so will clean it and give her a oil change + filter. Are there any objections for 15w 50 instead of the factory 10w60? I've 5 new bottles from 15w50 that i bought for my multistrada last year and it is high quality Shell advance ultra oil.
Back to top Go down
bilyjck18
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bilyjck18

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Presently own 2015 GRiSO 8V SE, 2008 K1200S, 2017 Ninja 14R SE, 2010 Honda VFR1200F. The GRiSO might be my favorite as I rotate thru bikes often, but will likley keep it. Has fly screen, one of carbon fiber muffler, levers. I do service on my bikes and this was by far the easiest to adjust valves on. Minor problems, the tank decals have peeled a bit, and the clutch pumps up when hot and will need to bleed soon. I have owned at least 40 motorcycles in my long history in the motorcycle field. My main goal now is to try to get as many people as possible out of their rolling cages and enjoying all a motorcycle can offer!
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Denzis wrote:
I've checked it, and it has the roller tappets! Smile

any objections for 15w 50 instead of the factory 10w60?

Good stuff on the rollers but I gottta object on the oil type.

My rational is purely based on doing what the manual tells me to do and I figure it tells me for a reason.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:02 am

The 'W' bit doesn't really matter unless you live in deep cold climate below -10C ish....MG specified 60 grade for specific high shear - high temperature protection (likely to try and protect the tappets LOL, rings,etc)....50 grade may well be fine but you are heading down in viscosity from recommended. Note in table the HTHS viscosity on RHS is the minimum & higher value summer grades will have higher viscosity (for same additive package).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself
Page 1 of 1