GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The Throttlebody Whisperer......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Empty
PostSubject: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Just thought it might interest people that Michael has spent a LOT of time now analysing the ins and outs of throttlebodies that have been arsed about with by knuckleheads. He has far more experience with this than I having previously worked at Canberra's premier carburettor and injection workshop over in Mitchel.

The long and the short of it is if you have a pair of TB's that have been abused thusly there is a lot better than even chance that Michael will be able to save them from the scrap heap.

He's also working on a database to evaluate wear. This is something that as time goes on is going to become of greater and greater importance as things like spindles and bushes wear and begin to effect the TPS readings etc.

Given the cost of a new set of TB's this will be extremely useful going forward.

So far all this work has been done using 50mm TB's off the 1200's but we're hoping to soon be able to offer the same service with the earlier 45mm units on the 2V bikes.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:22 am

Absolute bloody magic.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:34 am

What does he do?
Fluxing equilization to make it like a stock one? Same air quantity passing at a certain tps?
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Huzo and I discussed a method of measuring the flow rate of throttle bodies, he asked me how to do it.
I figure I can easily measure an untampered with body and use the flow rate to match one that's been tampered with. Part of my job as an instrument technician is working out how to measure stuff.
I figure the flow rate apparatus would cost less than $50 (not a fancy flow bench) and could be duplicated anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:42 am

I built a flow bench but before I actually got it going I realised there is a bit more to it than that. There are several factors that need to be put into the equation.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:28 am

I shouldn't have used the term flow rate, it wouldn't measure gas flow in normal engineering units just allow you to duplicate the throttle stop setting from a good one to one that had been tampered with.

Last edited by Kiwi_Roy on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Lack of interest)
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:25 am

Even really minor turns of the screw are perceptible.
Water quantity or weight should be veeeery accurately measured.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Throttlebody Whisperer......   The Throttlebody Whisperer...... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Throttlebody Whisperer......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: