GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear Shock Length

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:48 am

Apologies for asking but I cannot see this in the manual, but want to know what the length is of the rear shock - I believe that it may be 322mm between centre's.

I am looking to replace it and trying to see what is out there.

Would anyone happen to know this?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Sorry Brian, couldn't find any specs myself apart from 120 mm wheel travel. I could look at mine but I am not planning on pulling the rear shock at this time, or even soon - I don't feel benevolent towards the old girl right now.

If the model can be identified, an enquiry towards the manufacturer may be beneficial, though I can't even remember the manufacturer. CRAFT disease rears it's ugly head again (and again, and again, and again).

Hopefully others will be more knowledgeable than I and can assist in short order...
Back to top Go down

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:36 am

GRiSO 318-321mm
Stelvio approx 330mm

If ya nuts are hi enough, get a longer shock. Elcheapo option by many here is Stelvio shock.

Longer shock gives a little more travel, but at ride height it positions the rocker/linkage system a little further round in it's arc.
This aids the compliant feeling of a progressive or rising rate system.

It also gives a little higher REAR ride height which steepens the rake a little and lightens the steering ................... check my signature.
Back to top Go down

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:40 am

If your local suspension guru can't find an off the shelf shock to fit, he should be able to build you one.
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:11 am

thanks for the info - something to work with; I'll try and find a way to measure mine.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:48 am

BrianD don't bother.
I confirm what Ghezzi says.
320mm on my Breva 1100. Same on your 1200s
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 am

Noted

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Shock Length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Shock Length   Rear Shock Length Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear Shock Length
Page 1 of 1