GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ohlins suspension tech

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Ohlins suspension tech Empty
PostSubject: Ohlins suspension tech   Ohlins suspension tech Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Found my way to this guy on YouTube; 'the Ohlins guy'. Doug Brenner, Brenner shocks.

He seems to know his stuff & talks through various aspects of this Dark art on his free videos. Now unlike Dave Moss his videos are just on the shocks not on setting up suspensions, so maybe not for some people.

The man has his opinions, which of us doesn't, but overlooking that he imparts some knowledge.

Couple of years ago I bought a used Ohlins shock to put on the GRiSO & sent it off to Ohlins USA for a service. They did the job but I got the impression, which I understand, that they deal with alot of bigger customers.
Doug Brenner is a small shop & someone I'd much sooner deal with. Someone who knows the parts cos he handles & works with them rather than someone who can only look up the parts on the computer based on your bike & if it's in their system. A problem I found with Racetech as well.

Anyway, GRiSO gave me an opportunity yesterday; I pulled the shock to change to a stiffer spring, a 100 N for my 180 lbs, & found the seal had blown. So off it went. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

Ohlins suspension tech Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohlins suspension tech   Ohlins suspension tech Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Link of videos for the "don't like searching via google" crowd:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrdNNQHzuY-wqgl06c6F-Q/videos
Back to top Go down

Ohlins suspension tech
Page 1 of 1